Non-motoring > As Seen on TV - Volume 24   [Read only]
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 111

As Seen on TV - Volume 24 - R.P.

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 25 *****

==============================================================

A place to discuss what's on TV that might be of interest to others. (exc. Top Gear, F1, for example - which have threads of their own)

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then REPLY to this post and REMEMBER to change the default subject header.

Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 30 Sep 22 at 20:37

The Tourist. - R.P.
Brilliantly made, great characters, great scenery, decent plot, quite funny bits.

The Tourist. - bathtub tom
I started to watch the first episode and thought something seemed familiar about it. Discovered it's the same team that nade The Lost, that interminable series about a plane crash on an apparently uninhabited island.
I don't intend watching any more.

The Tourist. - R.P.
Never watched Lost, Private Eye mentioned that it's the same team that did The Missing (never watched that either). I enjoyed it.

The Tourist. - legacylad
Forgot to watch it last night...early doors beers began just too early, Bar credit was offered and accepted, so catch up later. Enjoyed it so far...light entertainment.

The Tourist. - sherlock47
>> Forgot to watch it last night..

Count yourself lucky - as far as I am concerned one of the worst bits of BBC TV for a long time. Only saving grace was a reminder what Australian culture is really like.

I am however an ALL4 addict - the 'european noire' under the Walter Presents label is worth a watch if you enjoy crime/drama.

The Tourist. - Zero
My god thats 6 hours of my life I will never get back. What was it - drama? Comedy? Travel documentary? Sleep therapy? Not sure how I watched them all, We binged the last two
a: to get it over and done with
b: faintly interested in the ending - Mistake no 99 brought on by the promising start but it was more down hill than Eddie the Eagle.
c: Vague hope it would get better

And Australian culture is far more sophisticated than that portrayed in the film.

(yes I know, who'da though anyone could say Australian culture was sophisticated.)

The Tourist. - tyrednemotional
>>
>> (yes I know, who'da though anyone could say Australian culture was sophisticated.)
>>

...probably only someone from Surrey could.....

The Tourist. - Duncan
I watched the first two episodes and gave up. Lady Duncan watched some more episodes, came upstairs last night and said that she had given up. I don't know if that was live or a recording, or what.

The Tourist. - Zero

>> >> (yes I know, who'da though anyone could say Australian culture was sophisticated.)

>> ...probably only someone from Surrey could.....

The Bloke from Basingstoke can keep his trap shut then.

The Tourist. - CGNorwich
I really enjoyed the series although was disappointed when the pschoopathic killer played by Olafur Darri was killed off, albeit in a satisfyingly guesome and spectacular manner. I thought the ending was actually quite good and had a neat twist - I wasn't expecting happy ever after affair

Don't think I was looking for a realistic investigation and portrayal of Australian culture either really

The Tourist. - Manatee

>> Don't think I was looking for a realistic investigation and portrayal of Australian culture either
>> really

Certainly not. It would probably be indistinguishable from very bad drama.

The Rescue Disney + - Bobby
Watched this last night. Very good.
About the rescue of the boys football team from the caves in Thailand.
Sorry of documentary as it involved the people involved and also footage from the time.

Recommend it.

And as an aside, these rescuers were real heroes.

Winter Walks BBC4 - legacylad
Must be on repeat as I missed them first time around...also on iPlayer.

Particularly liked the episode presented by Lemn Sissay (who?) in Dentdale where I camped for many years in my teens, and still revisit several times a year.
Different presenters...Alistair Campbell was good.

Winter Walks BBC4 - tyrednemotional
...Gentle television made rather more interesting if you know the landscape (some of the "presenters" are less than engaging - and I agree Lemn Sissay was good).

Also a short series of "Walking With..." on a very similar theme, but not winter. All (I think) still on iPlayer.
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Sat 8 Jan 22 at 10:27

The Gods Must be Crazy - zippy
Shown occasionally on Talking Pictures.

It’s an awful film. But strangle compelling just to see what happens.

It must have something going for it because in some parts of the USA it was shown so often that the film reels deteriorated.

The Gods Must be Crazy - Dog
I was gonna record it last night, no doubt it will be shown again (and again and again etc etc.)

"Now here's a film that's guaranteed to divide opinion. There will be those who see it as inexcusably racist exploitation that mocks the traditions and expectations of the Kalahari bush tribe, whose peaceful existence is disturbed by a Coke bottle that drops from the sky. But others will applaud the barbed colonial satire that arises when N!xau ventures into civilisation to drop the contentious bottle off the edge of the world. Certainly, audiences worldwide warmed to director Jamie Uys's slapstick style that turned this latter-day Keystone comedy into a cult smash. There are some crude laughs, but the political juvenility is hard to ignore".

Bangers and Cash Series 5 - Duncan
I know your memories aren't what they were, so I thought I would give you a quick reminder that Series 5 of Bangers and Cash starts tonight.

yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/bangers-and-cash/episodes/

Battle of the River plate - Zero
was on again, a good yarn, but well seen by all I guess.

Except.

This was the first time I had seen in in Hi Def. Delicious quality, - wow look at that stuff - the at sea scenes dawn and daybreak were stunning - so much so I checked on the cinematography, one of the best - Victor Chalice, in 35mm vistavision and technicolour, I'd love to know how they got it digitised so faithfully with no artefacts - the superb lighting and original quality helps.

Cinema at its best.

Munich The Edge of War. - Zero
Based on the Robert Harris book of the same name,

Just watched on Netflix. Very good all round, worth a watch.

Munich The Edge of War. - Manatee
I'll give it a go.

Munich The Edge of War. - Fullchat
Watched it tonight on Netflix. Good call :)

Munich The Edge of War. - Manatee
I watched it, recommended. Some nice historical context.

The plot about the secret documents, which came to light when the war ended, was fictional of course but the controversial bit is the portrayal of Chamberlain as a wise and kindly owl when historical accounts suggest he was naive and resistant to counsel, a bad combination. I've never found the caricature of him as a credulous fool easy to believe, maybe the truth was somewhere in between.

Munich The Edge of War. - Zero
Pilloried at the time, there is no doubt the years grace to war starting (used for Chain Home radar command and control, and beefing up the RAF) saved the UK. Its pretty sure he knew we couldn't beat the Nazis at that time, but its still open to debate if he deliberately aimed for a years grace and build up or was a whimpy pacifist all along.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 5 Feb 22 at 14:14

Rules of the Game - sooty123
Mini series on iplayer, a murder mystery. I quite enjoyed it, some funny lines from some of the female actors well i thought they were funny. Only 4 episodes, worth watching.

Rules of the Game - Clk Sec
We only watched the first episode. Not our cup of tea.

Belfast - Fullchat
Been to see this at the cinema this afternoon. I enjoyed it.

Depiction of Kenneth Branagh's memories of growing up in Belfast during the troubles. Black and white. Fairly simple sets.

"A semi-autobiographical film which chronicles the life of a working class family and their young son's childhood during the tumult of the late 1960s in the Northern Ireland capital."

Background music provided by Van Morrison.

A few of the props related to growing up in the 60s.

Father played by Jamie Dornan - The Tourist.

Walking programmes - legacylad
BBC Scotland...Southern Upland Way in 3 x 30 minute episodes...series 2. Iain Robertson Rambles....watched the first 10 mins last night and hope to binge watch the remainder tonight.

Currently on iPlayer

Of particular interest because my Lakeland LDWA group walked the SUW in 4 sections, adding on the Berwickshire Coast Path, over the past 2 years. One of the few decent things to come out of restricted overseas travel.
Last edited by: legacylad on Mon 24 Jan 22 at 12:12

Walking programmes - Bobby
He also did one on the West Highland Way if I remember correctly which I really enjoyed.
Cheap television to make but actually can be quite interesting.
Always thought John Muir Way was named after the guy who first walked it but apparently he never did!

As an aside, I have put it on my 2022 must do list that this is the year I climb Ben Nevis. Ashamed to say as a Scot now in my 50s that I have never climbed it!

Walking programmes - legacylad
Bobby......highly recommend the John Muir Trail in the Sierra Nevada. Walked it about 12 years ago when I was considerably fitter, it’s an outstanding wilderness area, and we had two resupply points en route.

Even if you can only walk short sections it’s still flippin impressive and well worth the effort.

Trigger Point - Ambo
Advertised in the Radio Times as showing on Sundays on ITV, my attempt to watch on Freeview or record on my Freesat box was met with a link to Prime Video and an invitation to pay for the episode. This is not a problem I have met with to date. Was anyone other poster affected?

Trigger Point - Zero
No idea whats going on there, I watched it live on ITV on Sunday (its ok not brilliant), and its available on ITV hub online.

Trigger Point - Manatee
Yep Ep.1 is on catch up (ITV Hub via e.g. firestick) and free to watch although there is a button for watching ad-free at a cost. Is that what your hardware is pushing at you?

Trigger Point - Ambo
I will try ITV Hub. I have mislaid the remote fr my Fire Stick and the £12.80 replacement from Amazon (RIRY) "Does not support voice". That would render it useless so how come?

Trigger Point - VxFan
>> I will try ITV Hub. I have mislaid the remote fr my Fire Stick

There is an App that works very well with the Firestick. Even has a qwerty keyboard for searching, which makes it a lot easier than the Amazon way of doing it. And you can do voice control too.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 25 Jan 22 at 16:38

Trigger Point - Manatee
Do you mean the Android phone app?

Yes it does work well. I use it when the boss has hidden the remote.

Trigger Point - smokie
Fire TV? There was another but I deleted it.

Fire TV also works with more than one Firestick IIRC.

Trigger Point - Manatee
>> Fire TV? There was another but I deleted it.

That's the one

>>
>> Fire TV also works with more than one Firestick IIRC.

Yes it does. It seems to identify available Fire sticks and you just click the relevant one. You then have to enter a code displayed on the TV which stops you operating the neighbours'...
>>

Trigger Point - VxFan
>> Do you mean the Android phone app?

No, the Apple iOS one. Probably has the exact same features though.

Reacher - Zero
On Prime.

FINALLY. - Goodbye TC, Hello a proper Reacher and good book to screenplay.

Good stuff

Reacher - legacylad
Never paid for / watched anything on Amazon Prime.
Having seen the trailer on ewe tube you’re spot on Z

Reacher - Manatee
We just binged this. Not much thinking required but eminently watchable and it probably isn't giving anything important away to say the villains get their deserts and the heroes get their desserts.

Reacher - Zero
Blimey, not sure I could take 8 hours of it in one hit.

Reacher - zippy
SWMBO likes it. Lots of muscles apparently.

Reacher - Dog
>>Lots of muscles apparently.

Any cockles?

Reacher - Crankcase
>> Any cockles?

Now then, Dog, you mustn't be shellfish.

Reacher - Dog
Apologies Cc, I must try to be less of a Cottus gobio.

Reacher - smokie
I'm never that keen on American stuff and it has some far fetchedness about it but it is very watchable. We've done 2 nights of 3 episodes each, 2 to go.

This Is Going to Hurt - zippy
Quirky and enjoyable. Ben Whishaw plays Adam Kay.

On BBC One and available on iPlayer.

This Is Going to Hurt - Manatee
We've watched this. Uncomfortable viewing. And given it was based in about 2006, it's possible that Covid has left the NHS in an even worse place than that.

Imagine - Labi Siffre - Manatee
I imagine most here will remember the songwriter/performer Labi Siffre. I enjoyed this.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0014jmn/imagine-2022-2-labi-siffre-this-is-my-song

Imagine - Labi Siffre - Zero
Watched it, worth a view. Lot of unknown stuff.

The Ipcress File - Robin O'Reliant
As a fan of Len Deighton I'm looking forward to this, ITV at 9pm tonight. I've read the book a few times over the years, seen the film on several occasions too and it will be interesting to see what they make of this six parter.

For those not familiar with the Harry Palmer series they are the Polar opposite of Bond, more downbeat and gritty than glamorous.

The Ipcress File - Zero
>> As a fan of Len Deighton I'm looking forward to this, ITV at 9pm tonight.
>> I've read the book a few times over the years, seen the film on several
>> occasions too and it will be interesting to see what they make of this six
>> parter.
>>
>> For those not familiar with the Harry Palmer series they are the Polar opposite of
>> Bond, more downbeat and gritty than glamorous.

Strangely I am not going to watch this, from the preview clips It seems like a bloke trying to do an impersonation of Michael Caine, doing the role of Harry palmer.

Do the ipcress file by all means, but but not a copy.

I fear another get carter remake.

The Ipcress File - legacylad
Heck yes. I remember the remake. Thanks for nothing.
Sometimes they work. Most times they don’t.

‘ Heat’ did.

I thought it was pretty good, provided you treated it as a tale on it's own and did not draw comparisons with the book and the original film.

The Ipcress File - Manatee
Really enjoying this. Good casting for the most part, and I like the Michael-Caine-alike who despite obvious similarities (glasses, accent) isn't really doing an impersonation. Tom Hollander also good.

>> Really enjoying this. Good casting for the most part, and I like the Michael-Caine-alike who
>> despite obvious similarities (glasses, accent) isn't really doing an impersonation. Tom Hollander also good.
>>

I watched episode two on ITV Hub the other night. It's strength is developing the original story rather than trying to ape it, for instance with more background on the main character. I think it's the best thing I've watched for ages.

The prisoner - bathtub tom
Horror channel. Episode one was this morning and I missed it.

The prisoner - zippy
It's on again at 13:00 today and at 14:00 on horror ch+1

The prisoner - Crankcase
If you happen to subscribe to Britbox the original The Prisoner is available there to watch as and when you wish, along with much other stuff of varying quality.

Just seen all 27 years worth of the original Doctor Who, but for the more sane there's stuff like Morse, Poirot, Only Fools, and a load of modern stuff I've never heard of but the rest of the world will have done.

About a fiver a month via Prime is the way I do it, so can just cancel whenever.

The prisoner - smokie
There is a free trial of Britbox available too, 7 days IIRC.

The Responder - smokie
Just binged all 5 episodes of this BBC drama and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt it was proper gritty and gave a fairly stark picture of the pressures of frontline policing, despite the plot itself being a bit fanciful.

Star is Martin Freeman (ex The Office). It' s on catch up.

Once upon a time in Hollywood - legacylad
Ch4 tonight.

Saw it when first released. Time to watch it again. After Crufts.

Once upon a time in Hollywood - Zero
>> Ch4 tonight.
>>
>> Saw it when first released. Time to watch it again. After Crufts.

Indeed, and as I am away at crufts for the w/e I have recordedit

I figure it will take a second watch

Slow Horses. - Zero
Spy story about "failed" spies. Cracking dialogue, fantastic cast, based on the book by Mick Herron - not one I have read.

Well worth a watch, but its on Apple TV, so you'll need a subscription or Kodi on a stik.

Slow Horses. - Robin O'Reliant
Not got Amazon TV, but I've read the full series of books and they are absolutely terrific, hugely funny while being deadly serious at the same time.

I believe Timothy Spall is playing the hugely politically incorrect Jackson Lamb in the TV version?

Slow Horses. - Zero

>> I believe Timothy Spall is playing the hugely politically incorrect Jackson Lamb in the TV
>> version?

No, its Garry Oldman, and he is a a complete slob, git, swine of the first order. Its a fantastic performance

Z, am I right in assuming I can get Apple TV on my Firestick?

Slow Horses. - Zero
Yes you can, but you will have to pay for a subscription. The free way is to sideload kodi on it, put an add on onto kodi, then bingo you have it for free

Cheers Z,

Amazon are doing a weeks free trial at the moment, so if I sign up I can catch all six episodes in that time.

Slow Horses. - smokie
But Amazon isn't Apple... :-)

>> But Amazon isn't Apple... :-)
>>

Ooops!

To be fair, they both begin with an 'A'.

Slow Horses. - smokie
Yeah, easy mistake :-)

Just finished the series, absolutely brilliant and well worth the £4.99 for a months sub. There is a second series in the offing which begins filming in July. I'd recommend the books by Mick Heron, seven in the series so far with the eight on sale from 12th of this month. I have it on order from Amazon.

Slow Horses. - smokie
I forgot to come back on this one - I also enjoyed it, apparently the next series is already in the can and there are plans for two more.

The Thief, His Wife and a Canoe - Duncan
The Thief, His Wife and a Canoe

Have been watching this over the last couple of nights, with the last episode to come tonight. A story that most of us are familiar with, I think. John Darwin fakes his own disappearance and presumed death in a canoing accident.

A man, not cursed with excessive intelligence, always seemed to have an answer to the next problem which reared its head.

And it's all true, of course - well, more or less.

tinyurl.com/4ztrmspb

Better Call Saul - CGNorwich
Series six now available on Netflix. Only watched episode 1 so far but looks bingeworthy.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Wed 20 Apr 22 at 07:32

Better Call Saul - legacylad
I watched the first few series of BC Saul at a friends place when she subscribed to Netflix.
That’s reminded me to subscribe and binge watch the more recent series...I binge watched B Bad when I was in the States several years ago.

Better Call Saul - R.P.
Will be catching up with that

Grace - zippy
Crime series on ITV.

Rather gruesome and plots that keep you guessing.

I'm enjoying them but need to glance away for some really horrible bits.

Making sense of cancer BBC - Duncan
Thought provoking programme on BBC few days ago. You can get it on Catch up, iplayer, or click the link.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0017wzq

Hannah Fry, a statistician (Rutherford & Fry) got cervical cancer and it follows her story, surgery, analysing the statistics. Of 100 women who have surgery for breast cancer and are advised to have chemotherapy, it will only benefit 5.

Making sense of cancer BBC - Zero
The only way to prove that theory (and thats all it is) is to deny women the option of chemo after surgery.

Sounds like the Boris Johnson school of oncology to me.

Making sense of cancer BBC - Duncan
>> The only way to prove that theory (and thats all it is) is to deny
>> women the option of chemo after surgery.
>>
>> Sounds like the Boris Johnson school of oncology to me.
>>

Did you watch the programme?

of course I watched the program. I have a vested interest in cancer statistics.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 6 Jun 22 at 09:47

Making sense of cancer BBC - CGNorwich
It’s not a theory. It’s a result drawn from a statistical analysis of survival rates. There is no argument as to whether what she says it is statistically correct. If you watch the program you will you will see the medical profession agree.

Of course the unfortunately there is no way of knowing whether an individual is in the group for whom the chemo is unnecessary or whether they will see the return of the cancer without the treatment. The only way to maximise survival chances is to take the chemo which is what most people do.

The documentary is really about how well the medical profession explain the statistics and how well patients understand them. Hannah Fry does a good job of explaining and her experience with cervical cancer is very moving. Absolutely worth a watch. One of the best documentaries I have seen for a while.

All statistics are theory, because the data integrity is incomplete. In this case death rates if treatment is withheld.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 6 Jun 22 at 09:45

Making sense of cancer BBC - CGNorwich
OK. Let’s just say Theo figures quoted in the program are statistically correct. Nobody is disputing them. The program is simply making the point that they are perhaps not as well explained and understood as perhaps they might be. The program is definitely well worth a watch.

Not a Fan of of BGT? - sherlock47
www.facebook.com/reel/742289773801750/?s=ifu

worth 30secs of anybodys time!

Deserved a finalist slot !

Coastal Path - legacylad
I’ve enjoyed watching the several episodes of Paul Rose walking the SW Coast Path on the BBC.
Fantastic memories of my own backpacking trip a few years ago.

Coastal Path - Duncan
I just can't take to his style.

Billie Jean King interview BBC - martin aston
Amol Rajan interviewed BJK last evening on BBC. She is a lady I had not previously taken to, for no good reason, but here I found her fascinating. Wisdom and good humour throughout especially on controversial issues. What a change too from the gotcha style of interview.

Elvis - CGNorwich
Just turned from watching this film at the cinema.

Absolutely brilliant. Do go to see it. You won’t be disappointed.

Elvis - Zero
>> Just turned from watching this film at the cinema.
>>
>> Absolutely brilliant. Do go to see it. You won’t be disappointed.

I'm not, I hate Elvis.

Mrs Z went with one of her chick flick mates.

Elvis - CGNorwich
Actually I think you would enjoy the film even if you don’t like Elvis. It’s a great story, well told and the acting is brilliant.

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Thu 30 Jun 22 at 21:40

Elvis - legacylad
Thanks CGN but I’m not going to risk it.
Hope to see ‘Triangle of Sadness’ in the near future...not sure of its release date.

Elvis - smokie
I won't be going either. Went to Memphis twice, once with mates and once on my own, each time drove up to the gates of Gracelands and turned away. I enjoyed (much of) his music but what a showy gaudy bloated lifestyle he led

Elvis - CGNorwich
>> I won't be going either. Went to Memphis twice, once with mates and once on
>> my own, each time drove up to the gates of Gracelands and turned away. I
>> enjoyed (much of) his music but what a showy gaudy bloated lifestyle he led

The choice is yours of course but not sure I quite follow that as a reason not to see what is, in my opinion at least, an outstanding piece of cinema and which must surely be a contender come the awards season.

Elvis - Zero

>> The choice is yours of course but not sure I quite follow that as a
>> reason not to see what is,

I fail to see how you fail to understand that if one dislikes something one is probably not keen to see a film about it. No matter how well its done.

Elvis - CGNorwich
Well Smokie didn’t say he’d disliked Elvis did he? He likes a lot of his music but not the character he became. The film throws a lot of light on that aspect of his life.

Generally though you surely don’t have to like the subject of the film do you? Surly you go to see a film because it is a good film and throws some light on its subject or is simply entertaining.

I don’ t like war and human suffering for example but have seen plenty of good films about war.

Elvis - Dog
"What a gorgeous, exhilarating, heartbreaking film. Austin Butler must be channelling the spirit of The King - his dancing, his voice, his singing, it's all such a beautiful tribute to a legendary performer.

The pace of the movie is frantic, in Baz Luhrman's typical style. I got a bit tired of the Colonel's narration, but in a way it adds to the feel of the awful control the man had over Elvis and his career.

It's a stunning achievement that could not have been made if Butler didn't perfect his performance. Loved it".

www.imdb.com/title/tt3704428/

Sherwood - smokie
Just finished Sherwood. It's on iPlayer, catch it if you can, it's not overly complicated and quite watchable.

Sherwood - Duncan
Well, if that wasn't overly complicated, I dunno.

Sherwood - Zero
>> Well, if that wasn't overly complicated, I dunno.

For once I am with the ole fella ^^^^^^

And there is a second series, NFI how that figures when your one plot premise is concluded.

Sherwood - smokie
Maybe I should have said "compared to some stuff I watch it wasn't over-complicated"! :-) We watcha fair few foreign dramas using subtitles which can make them mega hard to follow...

A second series must be a completely different scenario shorely... and it'll probably end up being one series too many.

The Undeclared war. - Zero
Firstly the Guardian review,

www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jun/30/the-undeclared-war-review-enid-blyton-could-have-written-this-cybersecurity-drama

Misses the mark by a long way. Anyone who has been in an IT war room/Crisis room/problem resolution meeting while a major and serious outage is happening will be well at home. It is like this. Even down to the despotic irate Finance or MD director ripping into the IT director.

The uncanny thing is, This must - it was - written before Bojo lost his sheen, and putin went tonto and invaded Ukraine.

As heard on the wireless - bathtub tom
Mark Steel's in Town: Tring

May be of particular interest to Manatee and others.

Repeated on R4 extra and a longer version on BBC sounds: www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001bssk

Grand Tour Scandi - Crankcase
Just got around to this new one. Back on form, I'd say.

Set expectations to "yet more of what they do best and have done forever", and it's a really enjoyable episode.

No spoilers, just in case, but golly, I'm amazed James keeps doing this stuff.

Grand Tour Scandi - VxFan
Haven't seen it yet. Too tight to pay for Amazon Prime as I don't order much stuff from them, and not a lot of what they broadcast generally interests me either.

I've been trying to watch it through my Firestick and Kodi, but all my Add-Ons for movies and TV programs have stopped working. Haven't yet found an Add-On that works.

Grand Tour Scandi - Crankcase
At under a tenner for a month for Prime, you could sub, watch a few bits, unsub. If you are fiddling around trying to get that stuff to work, well, what's your time worth?

Probably no interest to anyone else here, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at Amazon's new Rings of Power (Lord of the Rings prequel) as well. The first couple of episodes I enjoyed much more than I thought I was going to.

Grand Tour Scandi - bathtub tom
>> I was pleasantly surprised at Amazon's new Rings of Power (Lord of the Rings prequel)

I've read The Hobbit.

The Pyrenees with Michael Portillo - legacylad
Not keen on him as a presenter....too affected for my liking, but he met some very interesting people and the scenery was simply gorgeous.

Latest Forum Posts