Motoring Discussion > Blue badge Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 6

Blue badge - wotspur
Can anyone give me the details of where I can find out some definitive rules on using a blue badge
. I did an email to the DVLA and they replied contact the local council .
Surely it’s nationwide regulations , not dependant on the councils .and this is all new to me and the recently provided blue badge holder , who didn’t keep any of the assumed pamphlets accompanying the badges
1) the blue badge belongs to the person , not the vehicle , so if I park at a relatives house who has a blue badge can I park up and use their BB whilst I’m sorting them out to take shopping - if so for how long , is it the full 3hrs whilst we have a chat and a cup of tea ? And they get ready
2) I can then take them shopping and obviously park in a disabled bay , with both badges visible , and on a parking metre for free ?? I assume they have to come into the shop with me
3) I understand some attractions still charge BB Holders , I thought the whole idea was Free parking .
4) if on business , I am seeing someone who is disabled , and I them there dealing with that BB holder , can I use it then , if not how does it differ from no 1 .
Thanks for any help
 Messages Author Date
 Blue badge  new wotspur 16 Jun 23 09:19
 Blue badge  new Zero 16 Jun 23 09:45
 Blue badge  new Bromptonaut 16 Jun 23 10:10
 Blue badge  new wotspur 16 Jun 23 10:38
 Blue badge  new Bromptonaut 16 Jun 23 10:44
 Blue badge  new Zero 16 Jun 23 11:12
 Blue badge  new VxFan 16 Jun 23 11:12
Latest Forum Posts