Computer Related > Importing photos. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 11

Importing photos. - tyrednemotional
...just as an addendum, I've done a bit more searching for the "free" solution and part of it appears to be incompatible with my machine (which is Win10) though it shouldn't be.

Whatever, I would:

i) check the save settings in your phone camera app as above, and if they exist (I'm pretty certain they do), uncheck the HEIF/HEVC options - that will remove issues with future photos (they'll revert to saving in the Windows compatible Jpeg format).

If you have your originals, snap them again and import (hopefully you will be able to ignore the HEIF format ones - if not you could always delete them on the 'phone and try again).

If you can't recreate them, then my recommendation would be to download this conversion routine to the Win10 PC. (it should be safe - it's from the Windows store)

apps.microsoft.com/detail/9PNB8DFT7FZ2?hl=en-gb&gl=GB

...that will mean using file transfer from the 'phone to the PC (rather than import) since the file transfer process doesn't care what format the files are and will simply copy them over ready for conversion on the PC.

If you haven't done this before, it's a bit of a learning curve, but not a steep one. Whilst the actual method (mainly menu formats) varies from Android release to release, it will be very much like this:

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a10-android-9-0/connectivity/transfer-files-between-computer-and-phone/

...and the photos will be in a "DCIM/Camera" folder on the 'phone (or possibly the SD card if you have one). They will show up in your File Manager on your PC, copy to the PC somewhere, and use the converter.
 Messages Author Date
 Importing photos.  Ted 15 Oct 23 18:10
 Importing photos.  tyrednemotional 15 Oct 23 18:43
 Importing photos.  smokie 15 Oct 23 20:31
 Importing photos.  tyrednemotional 15 Oct 23 20:44
 Importing photos.  Ted 15 Oct 23 22:10
 Importing photos.  Ted 16 Oct 23 22:20
 Importing photos.  tyrednemotional 16 Oct 23 22:24
 Importing photos.  Ted 16 Oct 23 22:30
 Importing photos.  bathtub tom 16 Oct 23 22:41
 Importing photos.  Ted 16 Oct 23 22:45
 Importing photos.  Ted 16 Oct 23 22:52