Non-motoring > Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 7

Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? - Bobby
The water leak marks on my kitchen ceiling told me something was wrong in the bathroom that was installed 2020. As often is the case, these look great until you need access!!

Peeled all the silicon away from the bath panel and then with the aid of a glazer’s suction cups, managed to remove the panel. After various tests I discovered the leak was coming from the overflow drain.

My overflow is one of these combined drains/ rotary control to lift and drop the plug. From a YT video it looks like it has probably came loose due to the rotary action so need to strip it and retighten it.

My concern is if the same thing happens again? How can I set up an early warning system??

I am thinking an empty tub under the drain hole with some sensor of some sort in it that will be happy to lie dormant for years but would alert me if water got into tub.

No doubt Smokie had something similar already set up in his house but any clever suggestions ??

And finally, other than making sure kitchen ceiling is dry, should I be applying anything to the black marks before I try and paint over them again??
 Messages Author Date
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? new Bobby 28 Dec 23 22:52
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? new Fullchat 28 Dec 23 23:49
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? new martin aston 29 Dec 23 09:33
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? new bathtub tom 29 Dec 23 09:47
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? new sooty123 29 Dec 23 11:10
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? new Bobby 13 Feb 24 08:08
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed? new Fullchat 13 Feb 24 09:56
 Bath leak - ingenious ideas needed.. new Kevin 13 Feb 24 23:13
Latest Forum Posts