Motoring Discussion > Insurance Costs! – You are having a laugh Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Redviper Replies: 16

Insurance Costs! – You are having a laugh - Redviper
Hi All

Direct Line, have just sent through my renewal for the Vectra, and have more than doubled the premium!!
The car does less than 10,000 a year, 7 Years No Claims, No Convictions, although Its classed as parked on the street, it actually is behind the house away from everyone else – They want £770 full comp.

When I asked the guy on the phone why it was so much the only response was “well you can speak to our retentions if you want”
I asked I should not need to as If you wanted my business surely you should be lowering it, “dunno” came the reply.

So had a bit of look around on various comparison sites, just get a idea but 1st I used Direct Lines site pretending to be a new customer and it only came up £40 cheaper than what their renewal quote was.

The best I could get was about £460 and that’s still expensive but not too bad, so it looks like ill be switching my view is if they want to keep me then they should have lowered it in the 1st place. But I’m aware that they hope you don’t switch so they can make the money this way.

What really gets my goat that probably the reason its so high is that I am properly funding the non insured out there.

I don’t want to copy Rattles previous thread on the same subject, but sorry Direct Line you are going to have to do better than that.
And also apologies I don’t want to appear that im ranting or waffling on - it just seems sometimes so unfair.

What you guys think?
 Messages Author Date
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a l.. new Redviper 19 Nov 10 11:28
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a lau.. new RattleandSmoke 19 Nov 10 11:36
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a la.. new Redviper 19 Nov 10 12:03
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a la.. new paulb 19 Nov 10 12:05
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a l.. new Redviper 19 Nov 10 12:08
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a .. new Iffy 19 Nov 10 12:13
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a l.. new Bigtee 19 Nov 10 12:10
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a .. new bathtub tom 19 Nov 10 12:20
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a lau.. new VxFan 19 Nov 10 12:44
 Insurance Costs! – You are having a la.. new diddy1234 19 Nov 10 13:26