Non-motoring > Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 6

Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! - Ted

I've got some spots above the computer. A single and a double. You know the type, black tube with the bulb in it, attached to a chrome swivel so you can direct them.

Two of the bulbs have failed....small size with the ' mushroom ' bayonet type contacts.
The trouble is, the bulb is tucked up in the tube and they give you a rubber sucker to plop on and turn. No chance ! After 10 minutes up the steps with me arm going dead I gave up. None of the 3 bulbs would shift.
It was either smash the glass and use pliers to get the cap out or go and have a coffee...I opted for the coffee !

So, that's dead clever...2 years service then chuck 'em in the bin and buy more .
Good marketing ploy there ? Not on my island...chuck 'em in the bin ok but replace with pendant bulbholders with good old fashioned 60 watters....better light as well !

We've had a run of badly designed stuff recently, from the £400 black resin sink which has a hopeless draining board, through the pillar tap in the sink which want's to return to one spot because of the memory in the flexible pipes to the lovely looking chrome/stainless tin-opener which wouldn't grip a tin and if it did, you could hardly turn the tiny, slippery handle ! Gobbled up by the wheely-bin and replaced with the old ' wire ' type from the pound shop....it works fine. Fortunately, the top of the tap broke off when SWM tried to get water out of it, still under a year old and over £200 ! Got me dosh back in full from B&Q and bought a better, cheaper one from them.

I don't know why stuff is designed so badly......do designers really think that anyone's going to open our kitchen drawer and rave over a posh tinopener ?

Getting it with the car now, bought two sump gaskets made in some sort of compound material...19 bolt holes, all too small. had to enlarge them all and still the thing wouldn't go on because it had no stretch in it. Complained to the club spares and asked if they had any old stock in cork. Got 2 through the post, no apology and a bill for £9 !!

I na ranty mood...feel better now.

Ted

Messages Author Date
 Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! new Ted 11 Apr 11 23:49
 Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! new BobbyG 12 Apr 11 00:05
 Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! new - 12 Apr 11 09:05
 Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! new CGNorwich 12 Apr 11 10:03
 Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! new AshT 12 Apr 11 10:31
 Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! new Iffy 12 Apr 11 11:44
 Designers ? ...Arghhhh ! new Ted 12 Apr 11 17:16
Latest Forum Posts