Non-motoring > Roller garage door advice
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 6

Roller garage door advice - kb
Briefly, the motor sits inside the 'rolled up curtain' which is the door itself. It's obviously bolted on at one end of the aforementioned 'rolled up door' and is accessible and not too difficult to fit or remove, although I chose to have a firm fit it (the motor, that is). Previous owner had the doors fitted, but they are a doddle to keep running smooth - spot of dry lube/silicon (no grease) on the runners and very occasional daub of grease on the 'bearings' on which the roller revolves which are easily accessed with the door fully closed. I like it when I can speak on the phone to a bloke who used to fit them and knows the ins and outs of things, so when such a person came on the phone without sitting in a queue 'for an advisor' I was chuffed. (Best ring them.........in this day and age it all could have changed - I spoke to them about a year ago). If you happen to want an automatic light to come on with the door, whilst there is a small light on the control unit, in practice, it's easier to just fit a 240v mains PIR and bulb. The unit's built in bulb isn't very bright and to fit a relay etc. whilst quite possible, isn't worth doing.
 Messages Author Date
 Roller garage door advice new BobbyG 23 Feb 10 23:51
 Roller garage door advice new Crankcase 24 Feb 10 08:22
 Roller garage door advice new Iffy 24 Feb 10 09:03
 Roller garage door advice new Bellboy 24 Feb 10 09:30
 Roller garage door advice new kb 27 Feb 10 14:09
 Roller garage door advice new BobbyG 27 Feb 10 15:31
 Roller garage door advice new kb 28 Feb 10 00:18
Latest Forum Posts