Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Astra H - 08 1.6 Error code and light on dash
Thread Author: Kithmo Replies: 12

Vauxhall Astra H - 08 1.6 Error code and light on dash - Kithmo
A chap at work has a light come on, on his dash, which is a picture of a car with a spanner on it. It came on after a service. I thought it was a "Oil service due" light but apparently not, according to the Vauxhall technician. I put a diagnostic reader on and it showed a C1555 code (with no description) as being stored twice and active twice. Anyone know what the light is and what the code represents ?

edited to correct the yr from 07 to 08
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 15 Apr 10 at 14:25
 Vauxhall Astra H - 07 1.6 Error code and light on dash - VxFan
car/spanner light = engine electronics fault, autobox fault (if it has an auto gearbox), immobiliser (can be ignored as engine is running), diesel fuel filter fault (can be ignored as car is petrol engined).

Are you sure it was C1555 and not P1555?

P1555 = Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Load Signal not Plausible with Engine Load

Vauxhall Astra H - 07 1.6 Error code and light on dash - Screwloose
Kithmo

What are you reading it with - an ELM 327?

It's a chassis code, but not one I'm familiar with and shouldn't put the spanner light on.

Maybe try a different scanner?

>> Maybe try a different scanner?

or pedal trick for free:

It's something like press brake and accelerator down as far as possible keep pressed down, put key in ignition, turn it till the dash lights come on (don't start engine) in the odometer display a code should come up.

Post the displayed error code (if one appears) - It should contain 6 digits, the first 4 digits are the trouble code, IIRC.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 14 Apr 10 at 01:41
 Vauxhall Astra H - 07 1.6 Error code and light on dash - Kithmo
Have done combinations of pedal presses, the brake & accel causes the light to flicker after about 5 seconds and the word "INSP" appears over odometer, pressing the trip zero deletes the "INSP" but no code appears.
I am using a Gendan ELM327.
further to the above just tried again with the pedals and code "ECN218217" came up.
That should be P2182 then (first 4 digits, and fault codes are generally prefixed with "P").

P2182 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 14 Apr 10 at 13:29
 Vauxhall Astra H - 07 1.6 Error code and light on dash - Screwloose
K

I had a feeling that it might be an ELM throwing a false code.

If that P2182 is correct; then it's for sensor 2, which is, I think, for the cooling fan system.

Just don't ask where GM hide it. It's not the one on the end of the head though.
I'm a bit confused. On here you say the car is an 07, but on another site you say it's an 08. Either way, if it's done less than 60,000 miles and been serviced in accordance with Vauxhall's recommendations, why not let the remainder of the 3 yr warranty take care of it?
>> I'm a bit confused. On here you say the car is an 07 but on
>> another site you say it's an 08.

Sorry, it's not my car you see and I couldn't remember the reg. It is a 2008, 58 reg.
He is going to get it sorted under warranty now, the VX techy sussed it eventually.

Many thanks for everyone's input.
>> the VX techy sussed it eventually.

Was the diy code you read out correct?

ps, I've amended the header to the correct yr.
The code the ELM327 gendan produced was nonsense, the code you gave me for Temp sensor was the one.
Last edited by: Kithmo on Fri 16 Apr 10 at 15:37
Thanks for confirming Kith. The pedal trick doesn't work on my Vectra but it's handy to know that it does actually work on some Vauxhalls and gives the correct result.
Latest Forum Posts