Motoring Discussion > Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex Green Issues
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 6

Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex - Mapmaker
Car manufacturer websites are rubbish aren't they. Still trying to work out what sort of engine it might be. Apparently - given the 5-speed 'box - it was a 1.0 3-cylinder engine. It did have quite a nice throaty noise. Equally it was dead quiet - to the extent that I spent rather a lot of time in 3rd thinking I was in 5th, and 2nd instead of 4th.

The tank when 75% empty only took £35 of petrol, I burnt about £65 of petrol over the 650 miles - and none of it was motorway cruising.

The driver's wing mirror had a blind spot extension - where the mirror bends, but the passenger one didn't. That seemed a bit cheapskate.

The anti-collision warning went off a few times, somewhat irritating, and I'm not sure I see the point of it - if you're already heading straight at something then you can't react quickly enough; and the distraction of a flashing dashboard is enough to take your mind off the impending collision anyway. I'm sure if there'd been a manual it might have been a bit more enlightening.

Boot was rather small, didn't fit two - admittedly large - suit cases.

The only thing I didn't like was that when the air temperature was 17 degrees outside you needed the aircon on in order to feel comfortable. Odd.
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Tue 30 Aug 16 at 11:13
 Messages Author Date
 Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex new Mapmaker 30 Aug 16 10:31
 Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex new Mapmaker 30 Aug 16 11:11
 Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex new VxFan 30 Aug 16 13:00
 Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex new Mapmaker 30 Aug 16 15:02
 Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex new sherlock47 30 Aug 16 16:27
 Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecofle.. new Mapmaker 30 Aug 16 16:57
 Round Scotland in a new Astra Ecoflex new Mike H 30 Aug 16 21:10
Latest Forum Posts