Felicia Clutch cable route

Hi, Fellow Skodians.

Does anyone know the correct routing of the clutch cable on a 1996 Skoda Felicia 1.3 Estate? A friend put a new cable on and the pedal seems a bit lower than it was before- he says he didn't remember which way it was on before, but all clutch cables should have as few turns as possible and no kinks. If I set it the same height as the brake pedal the clutch slips, So I slacked it off till it doesn't slip, but the pedal is a couple of inches down. Hynes manual doesn't give the route, and I wonder is it misrouted.

Thanks, everyone, for your help and advice.

Billy

Cheers, Tom.

That's grand. It actually seems a bit long, instead of a bit short, if you know what I mean, so I'm probably not far off the mark? There's no problem with the pedal being below the brake pedal then-just one of those things?

Cheers, Tom

Billy

No-it's on and working, Tom-though I'd imagine if it was broken the pedal would be higher, not lower, due to the spring pulling it downwards more (although I could be wrong on that). Not to worry-it's all working well-just an anomaly, I'd say. I might buy one of the "E" clutch cables instead of the "C" ones-just to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers, Tom, and thanks a million!!

It pretty much just goes through the firewall behind the clutch pedal, then round the back of the intake manifold (there is usually a heat shield on this bit of the cable), to the top of the clutch release lever on top of the gearbox.

As far as I can tell the E is intended for the 1.3 MPI's and 1.9 diesels of certain years. Yours being a 1996 I am not sure if it's an SPI or MPI.

Thanks a million, Anewman.

Yep- that's what my nephew-a mechanic- said. He's read that some people have used the other one, and it worked, but his view is use the correct one and you'll have less problems!

Thanks again

Billy