IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - G24 please help.

Options
I have read a lot of the things on here and googled etc but am a little unsure of what to use as the basis for appeal. Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Background:

Entered Wickes car park at 19.56, Wickes of course closes at 8pm. We used the car park to watch a friend's band play at the pub across the road that has no car park of its own. We had been told by the band who had been told by the pub, that it was fine to use the Wickes car park.

We left at 23.23. PCN from G24 duly arrived within the 14 day period (we had parked on 28 feb). It says we are permitted 90 mins free parking and that our parking was 207 mins.

I PM'd via FB the pub and asked about their parking and they said that it is fine to park in Wickes car park and its free after 8pm and you have 90 mins before. They said this is what Wickes had told them.

DH went and spoke to the manager of Wickes this morning, he said it wasn't anything to do with Wickes and that their agreement with G24 is that the camera is turned off at 8pm. Dh didn't think to ask how our car was ANPR'd coming out!

Other band members and friends who arrived before us and those who arrived after have not received any PCNs.

So how do I approach this? What grounds do I appeal on?

Thank you

Comments

• Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    a) Read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the main page.

b) Read this thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4918680&highlight=

You could even re-use the letter I put in it.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hot_Bring wrote: »
    a) Read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the main page.

b) Read this thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4918680&highlight=

You could even re-use the letter I put in it.

Thank you. I have looked at the letter sent but how do I know that the signage doesn't comply?
  • Hot_Bring
    Options
    Thank you. I have looked at the letter sent but how do I know that the signage doesn't comply?

You don't need to know. G24 are known for having non-complaint signs. All you're really after is the POPLA code but as you see from the link - G24 are known to back down quickly sometimes.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

not your job to prove, its theirs

follow the advice by hotbring
  • Boult22
    Boult22 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Fight - just won against G24.

Interesting point is that the manager of the wickes branch was under the impression that the 'cameras were turned off after 8.00pm"

Might be worth quoting this when you go to POPLA (under the 'prove you are the landowner / have a contract with the landowner that allows you to charge outside trading hours bit')
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    Right just about to send the appeal. I am assuming this is likely to get rejected and then will have to be referred to POPLA.

Is the original template letter in the Newbies thread better to send (although I don't really understand it fully) or the one Hot Bring refers to?

So sorry to be a pain but if G24 don't cancel it, I want to be sure I haven't damaged my chances of POPLA cancelling it.
  • Hot_Bring
    Options
    Either is fine. Coupon Mad's has been used numerous times. With mine, as you will see from the link I gave you, got G24 to cancel on the spot.

Just as long as you don't say or imply who the driver was you can send almost anything and it won't damage your chances of a guaranteed win at POPLA ( with our help ).
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    I'm on their appeal site https://www.appealyourcharge.co.uk and it says:
    Please attach any relevant supporting information to assist with this appeal, this may include a store receipt from the day in question, proof of purchases via a bank statement, full copy of a Blue Badge, parking ticket purchased etc.

If you cannot attach supporting information using the "Add File" button below, then please send a written appeal to: and provides an address.

So do I just cut and paste the letter in the 'appeal details' box and send it regardless?
  • Hot_Bring
    Options
    You do indeed.
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    Thank you. I've sent it and will keep you updated. I will need your help when I get the POPLA code. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure