Non-motoring > Good news at last ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 27

Good news at last ! - Ted

Moors murderer Brady has carked it at last. Too bad got to 79 yrs.
 Good news at last ! - No FM2R
It would be far better if the media could simply report his death without recycling the whole thing again just to fill up a bit of space.

He and Hindley received far too much attention over the years.
 Good news at last ! - Ted

I suppose the creep's longevity added to the ongoing publicity over the years. There will be generations now who know little about these crimes.

I was an officer on the search teams at the time. Our main interest was Keith, who was taken from our area, although we didn't know that at the time. He was just another missing boy. We searched extensively in the slum clearance areas of East Manchester. Filthy derelict terrace houses and factories. Later, after the Wardle Book Avenue murders we were posted onto the moors at Wessenden Head. Any one of those wellington booted officers in the grainy black and white newsreels could have been me.

A personal ambition of mine was to have seen Keith found and given a proper grave but it doesn't look like that will happen now. We were made to sit and listen to the Leslie-Anne tapes, which were quite horrific. She is buried not far fro my house with her mother Ann West, in a secluded grave, having been moved due to vandalism.

A sad story, now largely ended. The book, 'Beyond Belief' is a good read. Regrettably, the whole affair wasn't beyond belief !
 Good news at last ! - VxFan
He's been wanting to die for years. Shame this Country is far too civilised to have kept him alive by force feeding him all this time.
He was never going to reveal the secret of where one of his victims was buried. Not good news for everybody unfortunately.
 Good news at last ! - Hard Cheese
Yes good that he's gone, on the otherhand if he could have suffered for a few more years he may have eventually talked some more ...
 Good news at last ! - Dog
>>It would be far better if the media could simply report his death without recycling the whole thing again just to fill up a bit of space.

I'm with ^this geezer.
 Good news at last ! - Duncan
>> >>It would be far better if the media could simply report his death without recycling
>> the whole thing again just to fill up a bit of space.
>>
>> I'm with ^this geezer.

Stop buying, reading or accessing it.

(And stop replying to posters on forums)
 Good news at last ! - Dog
>>Stop buying, reading or accessing it.

I don't, I switch it orf whenever I hear it on the wireless.

>>(And stop replying to posters on forums)

Yep, will do.
 Good news at last ! - zippy
I am glad the papers printed the details. I wasn't at the time so didn't hear what he did until it was on the news for some other reason many years later.

It serves as a reminder that justice will be done and that there are some truly awful people out there.

There is a transcript of one of the tapes from the trial in the Telegraph. I won't post the link. It is chilling.

To his victims, RIP.

To him, burn in hell.

Good news but where to dispose of him? - henry k
Another rejection
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39972162

In the middle of the Atlantic but by who etc ?
A job for the RAF using an old aircraft due to scrapped thus no fear of a civilian vehicle being "tainted"
 Good news but where to dispose of him? - Duncan
I think it is about time a few individuals and authorities grew up.

Brady is dead. It is simply a question of disposing of a corpse. Nothing will happen to anyone regardless of where and how his remains are disposed of. If anyone believes differently then they want looking at.
Last edited by: Duncan on Fri 19 May 17 at 10:59
 Good news but where to dispose of him? - smokie
On a very superficial level you are, of course, right. But, not unreasonably, emotions come into play. This has always been the case, though it does seem to have an increasing impact as time goes on.
 Good news but where to dispose of him? - Zero
Cremation, Sainsbury carrier bag, bin.

Whats the problem?
 Good news but where to dispose of him? - No FM2R
Somehow I feel a Woolworth bag would be more appropriate.

But you can stick him on my roses, he might as well be useful for once in his life.
 Good news but where to dispose of him? - Manatee
>> Cremation, Sainsbury carrier bag, bin.
>>
>> Whats the problem?

Just don't tell the corporation - I bet Glasgow would 'refuse' to empty the bin as well.
 Good news but where to dispose of him? - Dog
*stuff him! .. and put him in madam two swords or the lunden dungeon.

*a bit too late for that, mayhap.
 Good news but where to dispose of him? - henry k
>> I think it is about time a few individuals and authorities grew up.
>>
>> Brady is dead. It is simply a question of disposing of a corpse.
>> Nothing will happen to anyone regardless of where and how his remains are disposed of.
>>
The reality seems to be different.
For starters IIRC there was the difficulty even in recruiting an undertakers.
Glasgow says not in our crematorium or ashes on our patch.

Many folks and organisations just do not want to be involved.

Good news but where to dispose of him? - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> >>
>> The reality seems to be different.
>> For starters IIRC there was the difficulty even in recruiting an undertakers.
>> Glasgow says not in our crematorium or ashes on our patch.
>>
>> Many folks and organisations just do not want to be involved.
>>
>>
When Myra Hindley died they had the same problem. An undertaker had to be recruited from somewhere down south and they would only accept the job if they were guaranteed anonymity.
 Good news at last ! - VxFan
Pity they waited until he was dead before drowning him.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41855180
 Good news at last ! - henry k
It seems it was a well thought out procedure with as few folks as possible involved.
A paper bag rather than a rock salt urn would have been better and cheaper.
 Good news at last ! - R.P.
Good outcome. Best way.
I find all this business of people refusing to have anything to do with the moving of his body, his cremation or the disposal of his ashes to be pathetic.

He was an incredibly evil young man, of that there is no doubt, but to refuse to have his ashes disposed of is almost laughable.
 Good news at last ! - CGNorwich
Many people still have a of a belief the supernatural; that somehow the dead can influence the living and that there can be a sort of evil presence even though they might not express it as such.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sat 4 Nov 17 at 22:18
 Good news at last ! - R.P.
The truth is slightly more earthly....they didn't want wherever his ashes were interred/scattered to become a place of pilgrimage for sickos.
 Good news at last ! - Zero
>> I find all this business of people refusing to have anything to do with the
>> moving of his body, his cremation or the disposal of his ashes to be pathetic.

had they known you were happy to have his ashes dug into your roses, I'm sure they would have been in touch.
 Good news at last ! - bathtub tom
Weren't these types previously buried in a pit of lime in the prison grounds?
 Good news at last ! - zippy
>> Weren't these types previously buried in a pit of lime in the prison grounds?
>>

As RP said above, sickos in prison fawning over the burial site would be far from ideal.

>> had they known you were happy to have his ashes dug into your roses, I'm
>> sure they would have been in touch.
>>

If the money had been right, his ashes could have gone on my roses. It really doesn't matter.
Latest Forum Posts