Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Petrol Cap - Is This Right?

andrews65

Hi, I've got about a week's warranty left on an 08 five door focus zetec (petrol) I bought in October last year.

There's no petrol cap, which the dealer tells me is correct. The flap is there, but open the flap (there's no lock) and you just see the opening for the pump to go in - no petrol cap. I've attached a pic.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct, or is the dealer spinning me a yarn?

thanks in advance ... Andrew.

post-28702-0-97764200-1325613439_thumb.j

That is correct its part of the Ford Easy Fuel System

The flap will lock with central locking

• Like 1

Yep the fiestas are the same.

No thats how it should be. Dont be worried because the inner flap that the fuel nozzle pushes open can only be opened by it or another pipe of the same diameter, you cannot push it open with your finger. One point i will make which might be irrelevant is that should you run out of fuel an go to refill from a can make sure the nozzle is as long as those at the pumps, otherwise it will end up going out the overflow pipe and onto the ground.

No thats how it should be. Dont be worried because the inner flap that the fuel nozzle pushes open can only be opened by it or another pipe of the same diameter, you cannot push it open with your finger. One point i will make which might be irrelevant is that should you run out of fuel an go to refill from a can make sure the nozzle is as long as those at the pumps, otherwise it will end up going out the overflow pipe and onto the ground.

i decided to put some millers additive in and it just poured out, well pee'd off. i personally think its a stupid design. imagine if you have run out of fuel and the jerry can's spout/pipe/hose isnt long enough...

Hi, originally the car would have been supplied with a funnel the correct size to fit whatever fuel the car runs on. As only the correct nozzle will fit it can save quite a packet by preventing misfueling http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/t/6864.aspx In my opinion it is a !Removed! well executed design which does work as you found out...

Chris

Yea i found that too when puttin in some additive that it ended up on the ground. One way round it is to insert the nozzle of the jerry can and then push a short length of garden hose through it and then pour in your additive

someone on eBay recently sold a piece of pipe to help you in the jerry can issues but i got outbid. i wonderhow much it costs new from Ford? might have to visit them on the way home...

Are you sure you havent got the correct spout that should have come with the car in the spare wheel well?

• Like 1

well i didnt get one anyway. Was lucky to get the spare wheel lol

well i didnt get one anyway. Was lucky to get the spare wheel lol

mine came inside a zip lock bag and it was in the glove box mate, not trying to make you feel bad or anything

just ask your local dealer for one next time your in their :)

nope def dont have it. See when i bought the car it was supposed to come with a little air pump and tyre sealant that you pump into it when you got a flat, but didnt so instead they gave me a space saver wheel

• Like 1

My other half's car has a little funnel for the job.

• Like 1

found this under the spare wheel, what is it?

whatisthis5.jpg

whatisthis4.jpg

whatisthis3.jpg

That's what you're looking for.

i havent got one under the spare wheel, my local Ford dealer said approx £5 for one.

£5? bargain against the additives etc. you would waste without one.

Better to have and not need than need and not have.

• 2 months later...

Just an update to this easyfuel thing.

was in Dealers for a bit of trim today and an easyfuel nozzle was on the counter.

Got the Finis code - 1670446, just in case anyone may need a replacement one and the 'person' behind the parts desk doesn't understand what you are after.

Nice find Stoney! hope it comes in useful to someone!

cheers for the code clive...

Finnis code comes back at £2.09p. get two and sell one for a Fiver to the bloke pouring petrol over his feet from a can at the side of the road

Mine was missing from my mondeo and the salesman took one from another car...I'ts a game called pass the funnel, same thing hapend with the audio handbook...

haha did that with the courtesy car no one told me you put the nozzle in and let it drop then pump the fuel i shoved it in pulled the pump handle and petrol everywhere.

• 7 years later...

Does anyone know if this is the same on a 2010 mk2 zetec focus?? Need help 🤦‍♂️

Does anyone know if this is the same on a 2010 mk2 zetec focus?? Need help [emoji2357]
Please start a new topic rather than bumping a long dead one. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Please start a new topic rather than bumping a long dead one. emoji41.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 1.6 16v 2010 zetec said:

Does anyone know if this is the same on a 2010 mk2 zetec focus?? Need help 🤦‍♂️

As it's already bumped..... yes!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club