Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Micra - 05 1.2 technical help
Thread Author: dawn Replies: 13

Nissan Micra - 05 1.2 technical help - dawn
hi i have noticed that my right hand indicator is flashing fast and also noticed it seems that when i use it the car seems to be missing as if it is begin drained hope you can help me thankyou
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 22 Feb 14 at 20:56
 Nissan Micra - 05 1.2 technical help - Zero
I guess you have two problems.

1/ your fast r/h indicator means you have a blown indicator bulb (r/h front rear or side)

2/ Missing? could be anything, but unlikely to be related to the indicator. What car is is it, and when was it last serviced?
thanks for getting back to me so quickly i have only had the car 4 weeks it was last serviced before i brought it
 Nissan Micra - 05 1.2 technical help - Robin O'Reliant
As Zero says the indicator problem will be a blown bulb. Regards the missing, if you bought it from a dealer and you got a warranty take it back, if not you need a mechanic or someone with mechanical knowledge to look at it.
 Nissan Micra - 05 1.2 technical help - carmalade
I would guess this car is a Micra.Before getting bogged down hi-tech faults,check the operation of the rear lights.These suffer with bad/burnt connections to the lamp units(same as Renault)often resulting in a poor earth circuit .This fault can also affect engine performance.
thanx for your reply i have also noticed it only flashes fast when i break
if it is poor earth circuit is it a big job and expensive
 Nissan Micra - 05 1.2 technical help - VxFan
>> I would guess this car is a Micra.

If Dawn could confirm, then I'll edit the header.

yes this car is a micra
A re-work on the earth connections to the rear lights is not difficult or expensive.I would expect a competent techie to fix this in about 1 hour.
thank you for your feedback i have got a 3mth warranty on the car so will be tacking it back to were i brought it from but i now have a idea of what it might be thanx again
on my warranty it says electrics (starter motor,Dynamo/alternator) covered for 3 month would this cover me for a poor earth circuit thankyou
I doubt if the warranty will cover this,but as you have had the car for only 4 weeks ,I would press the dealer to do it free.It is not a major job.
thanks for your reply
Latest Forum Posts