Technical Car/Motor Issues > Toyota Corolla Altis - 07 2.0 Trickling/rushing water sound behing dash 2
Thread Author: nice but dim Replies: 4

Toyota Corolla Altis - 07 2.0 Trickling/rushing water sound behing dash 2 - nice but dim
I'm not one to post ailments of cars often, I can live with slight niggles but this one is driving me nuts.

My Corolla of which I've had two months has a sound from behind the dash which sounds like running water through the heater. It only does it at a standstill and in first and second gear at approx 2000rpm. I initially thought that it was creaking trim but after removing the dash facia to reveal the heater its clear it coming from there. I did the 'burp' to try and expel any trapped air pockets of which noting seemed to expel, this was done by raisng the radiator over the heater core on an incline. The heater is working as normal, the temp gauge sits level and the car drives fine. The only other option is to do a coolant flush I guess.

It was sold to me with a replaced cambelt and water pump, I wonder if trapped air has got in the system from a refill?

Ive attached a link to a video where you can hear the rushing water.

1drv.ms/14IQgAL

Any ideas or helpful advice I can consider please?
 Toyota Corolla Altis - 07 2.0 Trickling/rushing water sound behing dash 2 - Simon
Turn your radio up???
 Toyota Corolla Altis - 07 2.0 Trickling/rushing water sound behing dash 2 - Skip
I've know that sort of noise to be associated with head gasket failure more than once. Get a "sniff" test done.
 Toyota Corolla Altis - 07 2.0 Trickling/rushing water sound behing dash 2 - carmalade
I would think if there was an airlock there would be problems with the heater not working correctly.Have you tried running the engine with the coolant cap off to see if there is a good flow?Also does this model have a mechanical water tap under the bonnet to restrict the flow of coolant through the heater matrix.?
 Toyota Corolla Altis - 07 2.0 Trickling/rushing water sound behing dash 2 - nice but dim
I get good heat from the vents, not sure about the tap but can have a look for what you describe when light.
Latest Forum Posts