Technical Car/Motor Issues > BMW 3-Series E46 - 04 3.0 Fitting non run flats to a BMW Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 3

BMW 3-Series E46 - 04 3.0 Fitting non run flats to a BMW - legacylad
I have been really happy with the Michelin Alpins fitted to my '04 330 convertible, 18'' rims, and as posted elsewhere am at the point of buying a2yo Touring, which currently is on 19'' rims. One respected source of information tells me that I can use these non run flat tyres on a set of 18'' rims on the new BMW, yet a person on service reception at my local BMW tells me not. I do not want two sets of wheels & tyres.
Can anyone clarify please, or should I contact BMW technical services via their Head Office ?
Much appreciated
 BMW 3-Series E46 - 04 3.0 Fitting non run flats to a BMW - carmalade
I don't know for sure,but if you select the vin number of the touring,then go to wheels and tyres,it may give you options.www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select.Btw,I would keep the cabrio,good ones are holding their value,as the E 90 is not as well made.
 BMW 3-Series E46 - 04 3.0 Fitting non run flats to a BMW - Dave_
A long-served BMW technician would be the best person to ask. I had a similar query on my Merc and two of the techs spent ten minutes getting me an answer; delving down into offsets and all sorts of other specs. My winter tyres and wheels came from mytyres for around 120 quid a corner all in, I'd happily recommend them if you need wheels and tyres and can't find a more local source.
 BMW 3-Series E46 - 04 3.0 Fitting non run flats to a BMW - legacylad
Thanks for that info Dave
Replacement for my 11yo 330 is on hold for a few reasons, but I have made a note of your recommendation.
Latest Forum Posts