Technical Car/Motor Issues > Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 01 1.9D sticking brake
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 4

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 01 1.9D sticking brake - zookeeper
Hi i was looking for some help/advice regarding a problem with my front offside caliper
after driving several miles there is a smell of burning brake pad material in the cab
and having stopped and felt the wheel rim and studs they were hot to the touch

i proceeded to examine the caliper and the pads are evenly worn and the slider pins were not seized but i cleaned them and applied some silicone grease

but the brake is still siezing , i would like to know where to try next
ive looked online and some suggestions are worn master cylinder to blocked oilway in bleed nipple...any help would be appreciated thanks....zoo
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 01 1.9D sticking brake - Skip
Could be the flexi hose starting to break up inside so that it is still holding pressure when the pedal is lifted.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 01 1.9D sticking brake - Zero
yeah, a kinked hose is a good call. certainly something to check. BUT, if the pads are not worn, and or worn evenly, surely its not a sticking pad?
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 8 Sep 15 at 07:50
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 01 1.9D sticking brake - zookeeper
would there be any tell tale signs of a perished hose if i was to bleed some off debris etc etc?
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 01 1.9D sticking brake - Zero
>> would there be any tell tale signs of a perished hose if i was to
>> bleed some off debris etc etc?
>>
>
Nope probably not. But again - as i say, pads not worn? sure its the calliper? Have you tried jacking it up and turning the wheel? could be a wheel bearing.
Latest Forum Posts