Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Meriva B - 11 1.4D EPB failure Miscellaneous
Thread Author: HazelG Replies: 3

Vauxhall Meriva B - 11 1.4D EPB failure - HazelG
My Diesel Meriva seems to like the local garage as I get something fixed and something else breaks down! The latest one is a failure of the EPB. I've always been a bit wary about it so I've always put the car into 1st gear too whilst parking. It failed going down a steep road and the warning light came on. No code since a code 22 has been there for the past 4 months and I am now on first name terms with Halfords since twice now, I've got them to check my lights out but every light is on and working! I am now driving with the code 22 and the warning light. It's booked in tomorrow for the EPB repair. As long as I park in gear, it should be ok. Is this another Meriva known fault? Already had to get the steering rack changed at 2 and a half years of age and had to pay 30% of the cost!
 Vauxhall Meriva B - 11 1.4D EPB failure - Zero
www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/fault-code-21-22-but-bulbs-are-ok.428526/
 Vauxhall Meriva B - 11 1.4D EPB failure - Dog
www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/vauxhall/meriva-b-2010/?section=good
 Vauxhall Meriva B - 11 1.4D EPB failure - VxFan
>> I've always been a bit wary about the EPB so I've always put the car into 1st gear too whilst parking.

It's good practice to put in gear anyway, and the highway code also recommends it.

>> I am now driving with the code 22....

As per Zero's link. Check ALL bulbs. It's not uncommon for a modern car to use another bulb if one of the others fail, especially brake lights and side lights. And don't rely on Halfords to do it. I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time or day of the week.

If the car is put on a fault code reader it will tell you exactly which bulb(s) is/are not working.
Latest Forum Posts