Technical Car/Motor Issues > Honda Accord Tourer - 05 2.2 £300 for a bit of pipe!
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 4

Honda Accord Tourer - 05 2.2 £300 for a bit of pipe! - Mapmaker
We've been using a bit of power steering fluid and a look at the back of the engine shows a bit of a leak in a join between two pipes. Two rubber pipes go into a crimped metal joint, and the leak is from the crimped bit.

Ho, ho, I think, I'll get the AA man to put a bit of new hose on there; easier than doing it myself, job will be done in ten minutes, and I won't get any oil on me.

Ho. Ho.

He says 'not possible'. Garage says "replacement pipe is a cool £300 and you'll have to wait ten days for it. I'll get a replacement pipe made for you for far less than that."

So it's "watch this space" at the moment. Garage comes highly recommended; new garage this year after last year's fiasco (and that of the year before, and indeed the year before...)

Honda Accord Tourer - 05 2.2 £300 for a bit of pipe! - VxFan
On wheeler dealers a while ago, they had an old car that required a replacement hydraulic hose for the clutch system (a Lamborghini Urraco, IIRC). They found it far cheaper to get one made than to buy one off the shelf.

Have you got a company called Pirtek anywhere near you?

www.pirtek.co.uk/

Expensive if they come to you (call out fees and all that). Cheaper to go to them with the pipe and ask if they can manufacturer you a new one.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 29 Oct 15 at 21:39
 Honda Accord Tourer - 05 2.2 �£300 for a bit of pipe! - bathtub tom
I understand agricultural mechanics are more than adequate in dealing with hydraulic hoses.

Got any farms near you?
Last edited by: bathtub tom on Thu 29 Oct 15 at 23:02
 Honda Accord Tourer - 05 2.2 ���£300 for a bit of pipe! - Mapmaker
Farms!? I'm pretty close to Tower Bridge.
 Honda Accord Tourer - 05 2.2 ������£ - Alanovich
www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/city-farms-in-london
Latest Forum Posts