Technical Car/Motor Issues > Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 02 1.6 possible gearbox problem
Thread Author: tyro Replies: 3

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 02 1.6 possible gearbox problem - tyro
Yesterday I "scrunched" the gears - i.e. I made bad gear change which caused an unhappy noise from the gearbox. (This is the sort of thing I do every so often.) This time, however, it seemed* to have an effect, albeit temporary. The next few gear changes that I made were rather heavy, as if I was moving the gear stick through treacle. However, over the next few miles it seemed* to return pretty much to normal, and I have driven over 100 miles since, with dozens of gear changes, and things still seem pretty normal.

Obviously, "scrunching" the gears isn't good for them. Just how bad for them is it? What might I have done? Does my story sound like a pretty typical story of the results of gearbox abuse? And what might I expect to happen in the future?

(* I use the word "seemed" because I was left wondering if it was just my imagination.)
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 02 1.6 possible gearbox problem - Zero
>> (* I use the word "seemed" because I was left wondering if it was just
>> my imagination.)

probably was.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 02 1.6 possible gearbox problem - -
Tyro have you had a butchers at the linkage, maybe one of the bushes/joints got jammed when you misengaged and after a few changes worked itself back into position.

I seriously doubt you've done owt to it, vans are designed for WVM you'd have to be pretty bad to give it worse abuse than one of them.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 02 1.6 possible gearbox problem - tyro
Thanks for your comforting words, gentlemen.
Latest Forum Posts