Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Agila B - 09 1.0 Battery disconnect/Radio Code
Thread Author: Enderman Replies: 13

Vauxhall Agila B - 09 1.0 Battery disconnect/Radio Code - Enderman
Hello, I know I can swap out the battery on my Astra and the radio doesn't need a code to be re-entered,

but before I disconnect the battery on a Vauxhall Agila B (2009), can anyone tell me with authority whether the radio will similarly not need a code re-entering?, because the car is a Suzuki really, not a Vauxhall.

thanks.
 Vauxhall Agila B - 09 1.0 Battery disconnect/Radio Code - VxFan
Is the stereo and display separate on the Agila?

What model stereo is it? CD30 maybe?
I'm not at the car at the moment - can have a look during my lunch (!)

It's identical to this (which is identical to the one in a Suzuki Splash) :

tinyurl.com/h5ulzag

Which does say "Anti theft", left of the display, but I don't know whether that means it uses a code, or is linked with the ECU.
>> It's identical to this (which is identical to the one in a Suzuki Splash) :
>>
>> tinyurl.com/h5ulzag

Model PACR08 - looks like it needs a code.

www.dndservices.co.uk/suzuki-pacr08-dnd4227.html

edit, looking at a pdf copy of the handbook for an Agila, also confirms it.

tinyurl.com/zt24unb (www.vauxhall.co.uk)

Page 72.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 26 Feb 16 at 13:35
Many many thanks VxFan :-)
 Vauxhall Agila B - 09 1.0 Battery disconnect/Radio Code - John Boy
>> Many many thanks VxFan :-)

Thanks from me too, Dave. I have the same car as Enderman and have the key code in the handbook, but not the radio code. The car was ex-Motability and returned early, so I'm hoping the code was never set. The battery can't last much longer, so I expect to find out quite soon. If it was, then it's off to Paignton.
>> The battery can't last much longer, so I expect to find out quite soon. If it was, then it's off to Paignton.

You can get a memory saver to prevent it. Basically it's a device that plugs into the ciggy lighter socket and provides the car with 12volts while you change the car battery. That's of course if the ciggy lighter is always live and not powered via the ignition switch.

eg www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-12V-Car-Vehicle-Radio-Code-Clock-Memory-Saver-12V-Socket-Battery-Changing-/380742431301
 Vauxhall Agila B - 09 1.0 Battery disconnect/Radio Code - John Boy
The lighter is powered by the switch (in position 1) on this car. A bit of research suggests that you can use the memory saver like that so long as position 1 is not powering something else at the same time. Some cars lock themselves when the new battery is connected, so leave the driver's door open!
 Vauxhall Agila B - 09 1.0 Battery disconnect/Radio Code - spamcan61
I can't directly answer your question, but on Vauxhall radios the security code entry thing can be switched on and off IMX, so a specific Astra isn't useful as a guide. Does the radio have any identifying brand/type number?
>> but on Vauxhall radios the security code entry thing can be switched on and off

Depends on the year, and whether the Vauxhall is full canbus or half canbus. IIRC, it's somewhere around 2004 where things changed as to whether codes were needed or not following a power interruption (The Astra-H, Vectra-C facelift, and Zafira-B didn't need codes. Not sure about other models though)

Full canbus Vauxhalls have the stereo coded to the separate display and don't require a code upon power interruption. They only require a code if either the stereo or display are changed. And it's not a DIY job (unless you have Tech2). It first needs divorcing, then marrying up again to the replacement stereo or display.
 Vauxhall Agila B - 09 1.0 Battery disconnect/Radio Code - Zero
>> I can't directly answer your question, but on Vauxhall radios the security code entry thing
>> can be switched on and off IMX,

You need to enter the code to turn it off.
>> >> I can't directly answer your question, but on Vauxhall radios the security code entry
>> thing
>> >> can be switched on and off IMX,
>>
>> You need to enter the code to turn it off.
>>
Agreed, my point being that somebody may have already done this on the OP's Astra, and that's why it doesn't require a code.
>> Agreed, my point being that somebody may have already done this on the OP's Astra,
>> and that's why it doesn't require a code.

Or it's an Astra-H or Astra-J ;)
>> >> Agreed, my point being that somebody may have already done this on the OP's
>> Astra,
>> >> and that's why it doesn't require a code.
>>
>> Or it's an Astra-H or Astra-J ;)
>>

Ah those are beyond my event horizon, too new...and I've defected to Toyota now anyway ;-)

Radio in my daily driver grandad's chariot Avensis is crap mind you.
Latest Forum Posts