Technical Car/Motor Issues > Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 6

Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal - Stuu
Just wondering if its possible to introduce a touch of dead travel into the pedal as it is very sensitive and means you tend to give it more revs than you intend - is there an easy way to give it 5 mm of dead travel to lessen the effect?
 Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal - Skoda
As good an excuse as any to seek out a replacement ;-) Go on!

Remembered about a website with all the daewoo service manuals, in fact i think i picked up the link first from someone here? Never bookmarked it (for obvious reasons). Found it again though --> gm.ws123.net/EN/

Only to find the espero's not listed... :-(

It'll be drive by wire i guess? Could you get away with just slackening off the adjuster nut at the throttle body by a turn or so?
 Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal - Zero
I doubt its full drive by wire. Its probably a cable to the throttle body and probably got a support bracket or collar that can be adjusted at that end.

DOnt gove it too much slack, the cable may fall out of its quadrant on the throttle body.
 Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal - VxFan
>> Dont give it too much slack, the cable may fall out of its quadrant on the throttle body.

And not being able to open the throttle wide open.
 Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal - Skoda
>> I doubt its full drive by wire

Doh! Meant cable :-(
 Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal - Stuu
Ill have a fiddle, see if I can improve it. I love the idea of drive by wire on a MK2 Cavalier clone, what a mix that must be :-)
 Daewoo Espero - 97 2.0 Adjusting accelerator pedal - VxFan
If its the same set up as a mk2, then the cable at the throttle end can be adjusted. At the end of the cable is a metal body with a series of notches machined into it. A c-clip is used to 'lock' it into place. Moving the c-clip to another notch tightens or loosens the cable.
Latest Forum Posts