Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Almera - 03 1.5 Broken strut spring Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Nissan Almera - 03 1.5 Broken strut spring - bathtub tom
OK. Following on from the Fri 13th thread.

I've a vague recollection of last using my coil spring compressors on a MK2 Cortina, something I've never owned! I've borrowed some and ordered some more off e-bay.

I've got the strut out and it looks like I need a deeply dished 18mm ring spanner and something to hold the round shaft with two flats on it. I've given the corrosion a good wire brushing and left it to soak overnight.

Any tips welcome.
 Nissan Almera - 03 1.5 Broken strut spring - Dog
>>Any tips welcome<<

Drive slower over the speed humphs m8 :)

I did the ole mrk 2 dagenham dustbin as well, uprated struts, lowered springs etc.
I'm surprised you haven't got a Haynes effendi.
 Nissan Almera - 03 1.5 Broken strut spring - Bellboy
i undo the top nut whilst its on the car and use the airgun as they invariably dont undo totherwise
i would approach your problem by puting molie grips on the top part of the chrome shocker bit ie the bit that will never go into the the seall and then with a helper and a bar and a deep socket get your boots on the molies as mate swings on the nut
you could try wraping a cloth round molies too for your first attempt so that you dont damage the chrome

good luck.......

or put the shocker/strut back on and whiz it down to quick fit for a whiz off and then do it up a bit slack and drive home caerphilly
I gave up and took the strut to a local garage. Bb's spot on, it needed an airgun.

Haven't a Haynes as it wasn't available when I bought the car, but one appeared in my local library almost as soon as it was printed. There ain't that many Almeras about so it's always been on the shelf before.
>>i undo the top nut whilst its on the car

TWANG! ;>)

Please tell me you loosen it while it's on the car.
 Nissan Almera - 03 1.5 Broken strut spring - Dog
I'd have undone it orf the car as well, cos it was broken and the twang would have twonged.
Latest Forum Posts