Technical Car/Motor Issues > Land Rover Freelander 2 - 10 2.2 MOT brake efficiency Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Almac Replies: 7

Land Rover Freelander 2 - 10 2.2 MOT brake efficiency - Almac
My son had an extensive service done on his Freelander including major work on the brakes before this year's MOT. His 2018 MOT certificate showed the braking efficiency at 81% yet the current one shows this at 56%. Does this mean that the brakes need to be adjusted or is efficiency 'relative' in some way. Thanks, Almac.
 Land Rover Freelander 2 - 10 2.2 MOT brake efficiency - VxFan
Did the extensive service include fitting new discs and pads while they were working on the brakes?

If so, then maybe they haven't bedded in yet which could indicate why the brakes aren't as good as they were previously.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 9 Jul 19 at 09:34
Yes, discs and pads were both done, the MOT was carried out about a week after the service. Thanks.
 Land Rover Freelander 2 - 10 2.2 MOT brake efficiency - No FM2R
61% seems pretty awful to me, surely that can't just be bedding in?
 Land Rover Freelander 2 - 10 2.2 MOT brake efficiency - No FM2R
No, I've no idea where I got the figure 61% from either.
 Land Rover Freelander 2 - 10 2.2 MOT brake efficiency - VxFan
Has he queried it with the garage that did all the work?

Also, according to the following link, the minimum efficiency is 58% for an MOT pass. How did it pass at 56%?

mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/changes-made-to-brake-performance-test/

"The minimum brake efficiency requirement for ‘M1’ vehicles first used on or after 1 September 2010 has been increased to 58%. ‘M1’ vehicles are defined as: passenger vehicles with 4 or more wheels and not more than 8 passenger seats in addition to the driver’s seat. Obviously this covers cars, but also includes ambulances, dual purpose vehicles, motor caravans etc."

Land Rover Freelander 2 - 10 2.2 MOT brake efficiency - Bromptonaut
>> Has he queried it with the garage that did all the work?
>>
>> Also, according to the following link, the minimum efficiency is 58% for an MOT pass.
>> How did it pass at 56%?
>>
>> mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/changes-made-to-brake-performance-test/
>>
>> "The minimum brake efficiency requirement for ‘M1’ vehicles first used on or after 1 September
>> 2010 has been increased to 58%.

The description refers to MY10 so probably it was first used before 01/09/10?
He was going to phone the garage this morning but held off in case there was an explanation that this forum came up with. I think it was first registered 1 January 2010. Thanks everyone.
Latest Forum Posts