Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 6

Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement - maltrap
My son tells me the drivers side headlight bulb has gone on his Quashqai.
It sounds like a fairly simple bulb replacement, is it as simple as I think ?
Thanks in anticipation.
 Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement - Robin O'Reliant
Looks simple enough here, but fiddly enough to bring forth a few naughty words -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fht0ct_gNIQ
 Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement - carmalade
Very likely to be an H 7 bulb , but there are a few variations. So could be an H8 or H 11 . Check old one first.
 Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement - sherlock47
I did dipped H7 bulb on the C3 before temporarily losing effective use of my left shoulder. Typical 5 minute job, after 15 minutes gave up and had lunch. Went back to it and did it in 30 seconds!

I assumed it would be a typical squeeze and pull wire-retaining spring, but it was not, It was a a bayonet with a push and turn removal/refix. However it is possible for the 2 blade bulb to be rotated 180, and a a visual inspection does not make correct orientation immediately obvious, actually there is a slot on the housing that misleads!.

Moral of story: make sure you check bulb orientation on removal. (Or have a dental inspection mirror to hand).

Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement - Bromptonaut
>> Looks simple enough here, but fiddly enough to bring forth a few naughty words -
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=fht0ct_gNIQ

The titling on there suggests it's the dipped beam bulb being changed. If there's another for full beam then (obvs) check which one is out and acquire appropriate replacement.

I think it was my Xantia that had separate dipped/main bulbs. Not immediately obvious until I realised I was swapping out the working bulb and had not got a pair of duds in my spare bulb kit.

The Berlingo had one out when I drove it on Wednesday (Mrs B had not noticed!). If only all bulb changes were as easy as the H4 there. Even room to get a hand in without skinning knuckles.
 Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement - carmalade
If it’s got projector headlights using an H7 bulb , you need to check the orientation of the bulb in the holder . The locating tag on the bulb , which is normally at 12 o’clock. Is likely to be at 6 o’clock. Take a photo before dismantling.
 Nissan Qashqai - 12 1.6 Headlight bulb replacement - maltrap
Just a quick update.
Thanks for all your advice.
It turned out to be a ‘mare, couldn’t shift the b****** thing (too many birthdays)
Ended up taking it to Halfords, they charged me £14.75.
It took the lad 2 minutes grrrr.
Latest Forum Posts