Technical Car/Motor Issues > Hyundai Getz - 07 1.4 Pollen Filters-One or Two? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P} Replies: 10

Hyundai Getz - 07 1.4 Pollen Filters-One or Two? - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
Ordered a pollen filter for SWMBO 2007 1.4l Getz. However I see the manual mentions TWO filters. I checked with the vendor, who confirmed I'd ordered correctly, before I read the drivers manual. So, who is right?
SWMBO is away on holiday and I hope to have this sorted by her return.The car was misting up unless the aircon was on- even with the heat turned up. Anyone done this filter change?
 Hyundai Getz - 07 1.4 Pollen Filters-One or Two? - VxFan
www.justanswer.com/questions/25e6h-how-to-remove-hyundai-getz-1-4-pollen-filter

"You open the glove box, remove the two plastic lugs from each side and the glovebox will open fully, you will see the heater unit,look to the right and there is a long piece of platic, remove this by prying the plastic clips top and bottom, once removed you can replace the filter. "
Finding out actually how to effect the 'removals' was the biggie. Managed eventually to drop the glove box lid and I think I can see the cover where the filter might be.

But my concern is there one filter or two filters? The help sites, and retail merchants, refer to a singular filter whereas the owners handbook refers to TWO.
There are two filters in the parcel received so the mystery is solved. One stacks above the other.
Existing filters were very mucky and black at 3 1/2 yo and 16,000 miles and looked overdue for a change. The air recirculation control cable and a wiring loom needed to be moved out of the way then a little tab lifted to enable filter access cover to be removed. Was puzzling which way round to insert new filters, but then realised they will not fit the wrong way due to male and female grooves in the housing and filters. Struggled to get the filter cover back in place until I realised the hinge area for the glove box needs to be pulled out a bit to give clearance. Not an easy job to do the first time but could do it in 5 mins now!

Hyundai Getz - 07 1.4 Pollen Filters-One or Two? - bathtub tom
>>at 3 1/2 yo and 16,000 miles

Good grief! You do even fewer miles than me. ;>)
 Hyundai Getz - 07 1.4 Pollen Filters-One or Two? - swiss tony
>> >>at 3 1/2 yo and 16,000 miles
>>
>> Good grief! You do even fewer miles than me. ;>)
>>

But more than Rattle..............
SWMBO transportation. I do over 18,000 per annum.
Getz is in my hands for a few days and is being given an Italian tune up into the Peak District.
 Hyundai Getz - 07 1.4 Pollen Filters-One or Two? - RattleandSmoke
I guess I would have done around 10-12k at this point :).

I need to give my engine an Italian tune up some time, should be quite a lot of fun being an actual Italian engine.
 Hyundai Getz - 07 1.4 Pollen Filters-One or Two? - Netsur
Bring it round to me - I'll help you.
Well, a few days of struggling up hills has not really made it go any better even with an alleged 100bhp.Still got 42mpg overall though. Glad to be back in the turbo diesel Octavia.Torque rules.
Latest Forum Posts