Technical Car/Motor Issues > Peugeot 206 hatchback - 00 1.4 Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Plea Miscellaneous
Thread Author: adamf Replies: 8

Peugeot 206 hatchback - 00 1.4 Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Plea - adamf
Evening all,

The engine light started flashing this evening after i finished work. It flashed constantley the whole way home.When i got home i unplugged the Batteryhoping that the ECU would "reset" itself but it hasn't.

When driving it feels very lumpy and suffers a loss of power under load.

I serviced the car yesterday, changing the oil, oil filter, air filter and pollen filter. I did NOT change the the spark plugs. It was running sweet yesterday.

I have just taken it for a quick drive now and as soon as i pulled away the light came on again and it was losing power intermitently.

Please help as i dont have the money to take it to Peugeot for a computer check!!

Adam
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 00 1.4 Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Plea - Zero
Well trying to guess, and throw parts at it is going to cost more in the long run.

It sounds like a spark plug coil pack. But as you have the error light, and symptoms at the same time (you are lucky there) any garage can do a basic scan - - - - for a fee.
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 00 1.4 Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Plea - adamf
Thanks for the quick reply Zero.

Will I cause furthur damage if i drove it to a garage?
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 00 1.4 Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Plea - Zero
depends how far it is. A few miles should be ok,.
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 00 1.4 Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Plea - -
I'd have good poke nose round the vicinity of the oil/air filter and indeed anywhere else you've prodded about under the bonnet.

Possible you've accidentally removed a vacuum pipe, sensor wire or similar and there's something hanging loose that should be connected.

Just had a look underneathe the car and there is a wire hanging loose with a green connector on the end of it. It seems to be hanging down the side of the alternator but i cant feel of see anywhere to put the damn thing!!!!?????!?!?
Its definitly not the o2 sensor as i have had a look thos morning and that is conected in its correct place with the blue connector.

I went out this morning and started the car up, the EML came on straight away and the car started chugging very bad.

I have a mobile mechanic coming out at lunch time so i will update the thread with his findings.

Adam
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 00 1.4 Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Plea - VxFan
When you changed the air filter, did you disconnect the wire(s) to the MAF sensor? If so, did you remember to reconnect again afterwards.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 26 Oct 10 at 10:17
**Update**

The car is now fixed. It showed up on the diagnostics as a problem with one of the injectors. Car is running nice now **touches wood**
Latest Forum Posts