Technical Car/Motor Issues > Citroen C5 - 04 2.0 radio cd player. volume increases by itself
Thread Author: bernie63 Replies: 5

Citroen C5 - 04 2.0 radio cd player. volume increases by itself - bernie63
hello i have a c5 with a rather unusal problem,the volume on the radio keeps going up all by its self so now icant use it,has anyone else had this problem? bernie63
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 12 Sep 11 at 00:48
 Citroen C5 - O4 20 raidocd player - R.P.
Hi Bernie,

Did some Googling - found an issue where the volume keeps going DOWN - the solution was a suspect faulty volume control......somebody with a bit more technical nous may be along soon..
 Citroen C5 - O4 20 raidocd player - Number_Cruncher
Does the car have volume controls on the steering wheel? If so, temporarily disconnecting this may help pinpoint the problem.

Likewise, if the radio has speed dependent volume, temporarily disconnect the vehicle speed signal wire.
 Citroen C5 - O4 20 raidocd player - bernie63
hi thanks for the reply sounds a bit to technical to me so i may go for the easy option and get a replacement unit.bernie
 Citroen C5 - O4 20 raidocd player - bernie63
ok thanks been lookin at a replacement i hope it will resolve this issue.bernie
 Citroen C5 - 04 2.0 radio - bernie63
hi bernie63 just to let you know the problem with the radio seems to be ok at the moment i was told by one of the fitters where i work to dis-conect the battery,and so far this seems to have worked apparently doing this re-sets the computor happy days
Latest Forum Posts