Technical Car/Motor Issues > Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 9

Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark - -
Kids, they're a pita.
Daughter phones me 6pm tonight, car won't start dad.
Ignoring the fact she was supposed to come over a month ago so i could give it a service and checkover as she does high mileage.
Anyway moan over, gave it a squirt of easy start..not a splutter.
Pulled a plug and checked for spark...nowt.
Checked what wiring i could see in the fading light and fuses all seems ok.

She'll have to get someone out in the morning, but does anyone have any ideas for usual suspects on a hard driven 120k miler 106 that deserves sympathy.

Apparently it's been temperamental at times and has shown hesitancy if she lets the fuel get low, sometimes if it won't start she leaves it a quarter hour and retries it's been ok till now...now this could all be unrelated or not and she drives it like she stole it, TBH if it's given up and died i wouldn't blame it.
 Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark - Bellboy
crankshaft sensor
but it might be on the distributor on her car 97 rather than looking in the depths of the engine bay
Thanks BB you would probably have been spot on BUT....i'm gnashing teeth here....she's just text me to say her bag which she lost which contained her keys....KEYS....has been found.

Hang on a minute were you trying to start the car with the old non chipped spare key only used for the sticky petrol cap...yes dad...aaaarrrrgggghhh....nnn..tic..nnn.

I'll be back later i've just got to relign the fence post with my head.
 Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark - Screwloose

Where do you start? Crank sensor; combo relay; wiring; immob; coilpack; two dozen other things.....

Any idea of the engine code [HDZ etc.] and what make/type of ECU/fuelling Pug fitted to this one?

I'd be checking for live feeds from the relay to actuators and fuel pump first; then plug it in and see if there's a crank sensor signal. [May need a 2-pin or even 30-pin adaptor on a '97.]
 Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark - Bellboy
good cars those old pugs screwloose she probably just tried starting it with a non chipped key like women would
maybe they should have kept the old keypad immobilisor just for females ;-)
BB and Screwloose...would either of you like to adopt a lovely 23 year old daughter nutty as a fruit cake? someone please take her while of got an incling of sanity left.

The car apart from the daft blighter driving it has been a gem, merciless thrashing, driven over more kerbs than we've had hot dinners, she's done about 35K hard miles in it over the last 16 months and it sips fuel like a tee totaller.

Many thanks for taking the time chaps, apologies for not assuming idiotic reasons in the first place.
 Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark - Screwloose
gb

We both know what young lady drivers are like - we're just not allowed to say it.....
 Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark - bathtub tom
You think your problems are over when they get a partner.

Then you find they've got a damn sight more nous than what they couple up with, because you're their dad and taught them something.
 Peugeot 106 - 97 1.1 Non starter no spark - Zero
>> Then you find they've got a damn sight more nous than what they couple up
>> with because you're their dad and taught them something.

woa! Hold on!. Unless she marries my son of course, and then he has all the knowledge I have passed on.

Mind you, her (and GBs) problems have only just started at that point if she married my son.
My problems will escalate umpteen fold, she's determined her next car will be an Integra DC5, 'where are you going to get parts and expertise love'?...it'll be fine dad.
gets it from her mother.

Oh and as for partners....remember when we were younger we'd be servicing and repairing our loved ones cars, partners as well as dad's....we're a rare species now, these modern males don't like getting their hands dirty or being out in the cold, poor loves.
Latest Forum Posts