Motoring Discussion > China - New Suspension Bridge Miscellaneous
Thread Author: John H Replies: 9

China - New Suspension Bridge - John H
Anzhaite Long-span Suspension Bridge in Jishou, Hunan, China, .... ... at 1,102ft up and 3,858ft across the ambitious suspension bridge has become the highest and longest in the world.

Elf & Safety
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/03/article-0-126F0B58000005DC-946_964x621.jpg

Full story:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124376

China - New Suspension Bridge - RattleandSmoke
Stunning pictures, and of course the lack of H&S is why China can get things done quickly, that said to a certain degree it is right that such a H&S culture exists in the UK.
 China - New Suspension Bridge - TeeCee
I saw a documentary the other day on the Hoover Dam. They got a load of current engineering types to look at the plans, study the site and make recommendations.

The conclusion was that it was in the best place and that the design chosen was correct. They wouldn't change a thing.
One snag. The original was built in five years. The current mob reckoned that the environmental impact study alone would take ten these days......and you'd never be given permission to build it once that study completed.
 China - New Suspension Bridge - Crankcase
I'm afraid I'm guilty of reading something like Sherlock Holmes and saying to myself after paragraph one - stop right there Sherlock, can't do it mate, data protection, and he needs a lawyer, what, you hit him with your cane, it's you that'll be in the dock sunshine. And so forth.
 China - New Suspension Bridge - Focusless
>> Full story:
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124376

That road going up the side of the valley (3rd picture down) looks like fun as well!

BTW that first picture reminds me that colleagues in our Chinese office are on Tomb Sweeping holiday at the moment.
 China - New Suspension Bridge - bathtub tom
>>That road going up the side of the valley (3rd picture down) looks like fun as well!

Never mind the road, how do you fancy the steps to that building?
>> That road going up the side of the valley (3rd picture down) looks like fun
>> as well!
>>

This road was fun too:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU37kZ3XK4o (watch it in large size or full screen mode)

I drove up it in the morning and down it in the afternoon last year in a 2WD hire car (not aware it was against t&c which stipulate not using car on an unpaved road).

Last edited by: John H on Tue 3 Apr 12 at 15:16
 China - New Suspension Bridge - sooty123
Very nice views JH reminds me of N Nevada, the terrain looks very similar.
This is the same road filmed by a biker, with commentary:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ILsCp6MhdU
"Riding my BMW R1200GSA up the Moki Dugway in Utah"

China - New Suspension Bridge - Focusless
Don't need to go to the States:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgoyRFWQLY
:)
Latest Forum Posts