Motoring Discussion > Jaguar to build new F-type sports car Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 4

Jaguar to build new F-type sports car - Focusless
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17620105

"Jaguar Land Rover is to build a successor to its previous sports cars called the F-type at its factory in Birmingham.

It will launch as a two-seater convertible with petrol engines made at Jaguar's Castle Bromwich plant with the design to be unveiled this year, the carmaker said.

As the iconic E-type was last made in 1975, Jaguar said it had been "absent for too long" from making sports cars.

The car will go on sale in mid-2013.

Jaguar has previously described it as "the spiritual successor to the E-type", which had its debut more than 50 years ago."

Based on C-X16: www.jaguar.com/gb/en/about_jaguar/c-x16/
"The C-X16 can accelerate from zero to 62mph in 4.4 seconds, yet emit just 165g/km of CO2, Jaguar said at the time."
 Jaguar to build new F-type sports car - Focusless
Only just noticed that the C-X16 (concept) is a hybrid, of sorts:

"That concept car was also fitted with a Kers system, short for Kinetic Energy Recovery System, that has been developed by the Formula 1 industry.

The system allows a 1.6kWh lithium-ion battery pack, mounted behind the seats for weight distribution reasons, to be charged through a rear axle electro-hydraulic brake energy regeneration system."

The C-X16 specs page say the Kers ('push-to-pass') give it an additional 95ps and 173lbft:
www.jaguar.com/gb/en/about_jaguar/c-x16/specifications
 Jaguar to build new F-type sports car - Zero
They sure do build them pretty these days.

I mean - look at this - www.jaguar.com/gb/en/xf_sportbrake/

It makes Humphs gaudy blackpool tram look like a, well, gaudy blackpool tram.
 Jaguar to build new F-type sports car - Bagpuss
>> They sure do build them pretty these days.
>>
>> I mean - look at this - www.jaguar.com/gb/en/xf_sportbrake/

Each to their own I suppose. To me it looks like the front of a Hyundai Sonata stuck onto the back end of an Insignia.
 Jaguar to build new F-type sports car - Westpig
>> They sure do build them pretty these days.
>>
>> I mean - look at this - www.jaguar.com/gb/en/xf_sportbrake/

I've got permission from the Ubergruppenfuhrer to have one of those...it'll have to wait a while because we've just moved and the house needs work first.

It'll be a 2.2d (187bhp, not the smaller one), in Luxury trim, with an opening sunroof.

Dreams. I wonder how long it'll take me? Last time, it was 1998/9, NEC and the S Type. I vowed i'd have one....and it took me 3 years.
Latest Forum Posts