Motoring Discussion > Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 8

Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - VxFan
From June, motorists will be able to buy registrations including GO11 DEN, GB12 ROW and RUN 100M.

The Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) has become an official licensee of London 2012 and will release the plates on 7 June.

There will be 1,750 registrations on sale at a three-day auction in London and buyers will get an official box set to accompany the plate.

Nearly 400 plates of the new plates will be Olympic-themed

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17615666
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 6 Apr 12 at 00:35
 Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - zookeeper
Have personalised number plates always been held back or was it the luck of the drawer when you bought your new car what plate it would get (years ago im on about) ?
 Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - Duncan
Anybody who buys one of those plates wants looking at!

Bah! Humbug!
 Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - lancara
...and they wonder why Chancellors of the Exchequer treat motorists as cash cows
 Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - CGNorwich
Wish I had kept the RAN 800 plate that I sold with the Morris Oxford for £50 all those years ago!
 Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - L'escargot
>> ............. was it the luck of the
>> drawer when you bought your new car what plate it would get (years ago im
>> on about) ?
>>

Dealers were periodically given a list of registration numbers. If you asked them early enough, and they co-operated, you could choose from those remaining unallocated. Up until the latest number format I always asked to choose. I never got one that you could call personal, but I always chose one in which the number part of it ended in zero.

My first new car was FRW500C. I've seen FRW9C on sale for £1100, so FRW500C might be worth something now.

Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - Meldrew
Two years ago, when I bought a new ca,r the dealer gave me about four numbers to choose from; nothing special but I picked one that I would find easy(ish) to remember
 Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - wotspur
there are quite a number of companies that almost have 1st choice on certain number plates - Pimlico Plumbers - their vans mainly have plumbing related numbers from WC 1 - A130 LER( a boiler) etc, and a certain road haulage co Norman ? hauliers have the 3 letters, I wonder how they get notified of them and how much they cost.
Several years ago a filled up in Hampton, and the cheap old Vauxhall had CFC 1 - whilst Id have given him 10p for it, it is porbably worth a fortune.

Re the Olympic - I think M116 GED - Mugged - might be most appropriate
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 6 Apr 12 at 16:58
 Olympic-themed number plates to go on sale - Dulwich Estate
When in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the Chinese are most certainly not restrained at showing off how much money they've made.

I took a photo of a black Mercedes ( not got a photo posting account so you'll just have to believe me) which had the registration plate:

W E A L T H
Latest Forum Posts