Motoring Discussion > M4 J1-3 weight restrictions (7.5t ) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 3

M4 J1-3 weight restrictions (7.5t ) - henry k

www.highways.gov.uk/news/breakingnews.aspx

06 April 2012

We are advising drivers that a weight restriction has been introduced on the M4 in west London; between junctions 1 - 3 westbound and junctions 3 - 2 eastbound. These restrictions will remain in place until further notice.

Vehicles weighing more than 7.5 tonnes will be directed to follow a signed diversion route between these junctions via the A312 and the A4.

The restriction is a precautionary measure after a scheduled inspection on the Boston Manor viaduct, just west of junction 2, identified a need for maintenance work.

The restriction is not expected to increase journey times on the M4. Drivers on the A4 and the A312 are advised to keep up to date with traffic conditions and to allow extra time for their journeys if necessary.

M4 J1-3 weight restrictions (7.5t ) - Zero
Aha! I wondered when this little ticking time bomb was going to explode. There has been mutterings about possible problems with the elevated section of the M4 for several years.
 M4 J1-3 weight restrictions (7.5t ) - Pat
Thanks Henry, we'd heared the rumours but you beat me to finding the confirmation;)

I'll post it on our forums now.

Pat
 M4 J1-3 weight restrictions (7.5t ) - Dave_
It was being given out as a 17.5t restriction in the middle of last month but it changed to 7.5t a week ago last Monday.

I drove outbound along the M4 9 or 10 days ago, over the 7.5t section, and counted 2x 17t food delivery wagons and 3 full-size coaches going the other way.
Latest Forum Posts