Motoring Discussion > Check your insurance docs and AskMID Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: oldnotbold Replies: 5

Check your insurance docs and AskMID - oldnotbold
I took out a new policy for my Mk1 Golf and they sent the hand-written cover note by 1st class post that day. The Reg is LJD ****, and on the cover note the lower curve of the J and the horizontal stroke of the L merge, making the J look like a T to some readers.

Which is what happened, as the printed policy docs and the AskMID record show LTD ****

Luckily the MoT was not done on the day as it also needed a new handbrake cable, so I'm not on the road yet, as if I had I'd be on the wrong end of an ANPR.

Check your insurance docs and AskMID - L'escargot
Do entries in MID have any legal significance? I scanned through the terms of use and couldn't find anything to that effect. www.askmid.com/termsofuse.aspx
 Check your insurance docs and AskMID - Brentus
When you renew your road tax online, i do believe if the vehicle is not on the mid you don't get renewal.
 Check your insurance docs and AskMID - Ted

Now that's quick !
I bought insurance for the Jowett last week to start at midnight on the 30th.
We're still in a bank holiday weekend ( just ) and my car is shown on Askmid as insured !
Full marks to whoever !

Ted
 Check your insurance docs and AskMID - VxFan
Took 10 days (including the weekend) after renewing the insurance policy before the details for my motorbike appeared on askMID.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=157
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=157&m=3272
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 4 May 10 at 01:12
 Check your insurance docs and AskMID - L'escargot
tinyurl.com/2vsjbmv

"7. If the Police can’t find a vehicle*, will I be charged with a criminal offence?
If a vehicle is not on the MID it does not necessarily mean it is uninsured, although the Police will clearly wish to make further enquiries and may ask to see proof of insurance."

* on the MID.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Tue 4 May 10 at 07:20
Latest Forum Posts