Motoring Discussion > Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive
Thread Author: Biggles Replies: 12

Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Biggles
Oh dear ...

www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/426/510545/zoom_0_0/

Two die in Lamborghini test drive. An Italian employee of Lamborghini and his 28 year old passenger were both killed in a test drive during a Lamborghini presentation when the car crashed. Witnesses said that the driver accelerated too quickly, was catapulted into the air and hit a lamppost.

Lessons to be learnt?

Biggles

slight typo corrected which changed the meaning somewhat - Rob
Last edited by: Pugugly on Fri 7 May 10 at 10:36
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - WillDeBeest
Only what we already know: that a powerful machine is not a toy and has to be treated with respect; the more powerful the machine, the more it will magnify errors and the more care it requires. Am I missing anything?
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Biggles
I was thinking along the lines that these supercars have no place on our congested modern roads. If even an employee of the manufacturer is not in a positon to control the car properly in an urban environment where there are likely to be other people around, such cars should, realistically not be on our roads. By all means keep them for track days but that is where they should stay. Racing cars for race circuits.

Biggles
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Zero
Play with a soft old labrador, it will lick your hand off

Play with a panther it will bite your head off.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - BiggerBadderDave
"Racing cars for race circuits"

The Lamborghini that crashed is a road car.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Alastairw
There is a Lamborghini dealer in my town (Stockport - I assume they are looking for footballers!). Consequently I see Lambo's on the roads around town regularly.

This brightens my day. And guess what?

No one has been killed by a crashing Lambo (though I did have some hopes in that direction when Kerry Katona was taking a test drive...)
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Iffy
...No one has been killed...I did have some hopes in that direction when Kerry Katona...

Shocking.

Only the other day some idiot posted on here about wishing the demise of that well-respected champion of the common man, Arthur Scargill.

Quite rightly, there were an avalanche of emal complaints and the post was snipped and hidden.

And now we have something simillar about that giant of pop culture, Kerry Katona.

I am calling for both forum members involved in this outrageous behaviour to be cashieried.

Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Bagpuss
I'm getting old. I had to google to find out who Kerry Katona is. I really wish I hadn't bothered.
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Focusless
>> And now we have something simillar about that giant of pop culture, Kerry Katona.

ifi - I think there is a big difference in the tone of the 2 posts. That is, if Kerry Katona's name had been substituted for A Scargill's in the other post, it wouldn't have made any difference as far as I'm concerned, apart from making a bit less sense of course. (Yes, I did object.)
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Iffy
...I think there is a big difference in the tone of the two posts..

Focus,

Is a reference to a young woman dying of multiple injuries in a car crash more tasteful than a reference to a man dying of a brain injury after a clash of heads?

I think most people would struggle to to see much difference.

To me, either both remarks are acceptable or both are not.

And I accept there is an argument for saying both are not.
>> Focus,
>>
>> Is a reference to a young woman dying of multiple injuries in a car crash
>> more tasteful than a reference to a man dying of a brain injury after a
>> clash of heads?

As I'm sure you are aware, bad taste is often acceptable as part of humour. Although the Katona statement perhaps didn't go as far as humour, it came across (to me) as quite light hearted, which the other post definitely did not, the way I read it - it sounded quite callous and very unpleasant, and did not feel appropriate on this forum.

However, I reluctantly concede I'm not the sole arbiter of what is and what isn't appropriate on c4p, and would have been happy to accept the mods' judgement either way.

>> I think most people would struggle to to see much difference.

I agree that they might not see the difference based on your statement above, but I definitely do not agree they wouldn't see the difference between the statements as originally posted. Just IMO of course.

>> To me, either both remarks are acceptable or both are not.

Ok.

>> And I accept there is an argument for saying both are not.

I would be surpirsed of the Katona statement was snipped - I accept there is an argument, but I don't believe it's one likely to win.
Last edited by: Focus on Sat 8 May 10 at 15:34
 Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini test drive - Alastairw
Blimey. I didnt expect the Spanish Inquisition. And I certainly didnt wish Miss Katona to cease to be - it was indeed light hearted, or intended to be. We can all be taken the wrong way when writing. Apologies to any that have taken offence.
>> Blimey. I didnt expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition :)
Last edited by: Focus on Sun 9 May 10 at 19:22
Latest Forum Posts