Motoring Discussion > Speedferries - the final nail. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: NeilS Replies: 7

Speedferries - the final nail. - NeilS
Just received my last "Speedferrries in administration" email. They have finally been dissolved and unsurprisingly there are no funds available for unsecured creditors including me with my one unused ticket. I must have travelled 20 times with them - actually it's probably 19 or 21! We discovered we quite liked Boulogne as a start point for all our road trips to France thanks to them. Guess I'm not the only one who will miss them; the administrators found £16,000 for the bank and £925,000 for themselves for winding it down.
 Speedferries - the final nail. - Alastairw
As an accountant I am often surprised (not) just how often the administrators fee exactly matches the remaining cash in the company bank account. Cynical? Moi?
 Speedferries - the final nail. - smokie
I was a big Speedferries user and got the credit card refund on my remaining tickets ages ago.

RIP, liked the service, speed of loading and going to Boulougne.
 Speedferries - the final nail. - Zero
clearly enough of you were not speedferry users.
 Speedferries - the final nail. - PR
I used them too. Although they are gone their legacy lives on. I used to pay £200 for a 2 or 3 week return, now its more like £100
 Speedferries - the final nail. - paulb
>> As an accountant I am often surprised (not) just how often the administrators fee exactly
>> matches the remaining cash in the company bank account. Cynical? Moi?
>>

And as an accountant you'll also not be surprised that lurking behind that fee is usually a thumping great write-off on the time costs.......

Unfortunately a lot of folk think it's possible to close down major companies, sort out all the odds and ends, get everyone double their money back, and achieve all this for a bag of chips and the bus fare home - I wish.
 Speedferries - the final nail. - Zero
>> And as an accountant you'll also not be surprised that lurking behind that fee is
>> usually a thumping great write-off on the time costs.......

Doesent stop firms falling overthemselves to do it. And we all know the "cost per hour" prinicipal is nothing short of thievery. I was charged out on a "cost per hour" I wish I had got anywhere near my "cost per hour" in salary.

Its the bottom line that counts and thats healthy enough.
 Speedferries - the final nail. - paulb
>> I wish I had got anywhere near my "cost per hour" in salary.
>>
Now THERE'S a tune we can all hum ;-)

>> Its the bottom line that counts and thats healthy enough.
>>
...although the partners will never be satisfied...
Latest Forum Posts