Motoring Discussion > Ok folks, heres my new gem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 12

Ok folks, heres my new gem - Stuu
Piccies as promised. She really is as nice in the flesh too, that paint is original all round. All Ive done is wash it and clean the windows. Interior needs some work as it has dog hair laced into teh carpet and its har work to remove so Im doing it a bit at a time. Looks ok to haul up to customers houses though and boot really is huge - 16 cu ft up to window line apparently.
i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/stunorthants/SDC10250.jpg
i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/stunorthants/SDC10254.jpg
i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/stunorthants/SDC10253.jpg
i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/stunorthants/SDC10251.jpg
i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/stunorthants/SDC10252.jpg
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - Lygonos
Looks a very straight car - nice one.

Keep the oil clean and it'll run to the moon and back.

Now just to get awy from that horrid council estate.
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - Lygonos
;-)
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - Focusless
Ah - I was thinking it was the later model (Carina E?). Looks nice though, more solid somehow than the one I was thinking of.
Council estate my eye, cheeky sod. I cant help my neighbours fence! :-)
Carina E didnt appeal to me, looked at one but it just seemed a lesser car somehow. These are the ones to have I think as an old car because the one thing that stops people buying 'bangers' is the reliability issue more often than not, but these do seem to have earned their rep for being stupidly reliable which makes it a no-brainer when you see a nice one for small money.
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - -
I liked all the Carinas and Corollas and worked on many, and their sisters the Bluebirds.

Honest simple cars easily maintained and run for years.

Thats a nice one you have there Stu....whats it's replacement going to be next week..;)
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - Tooslow
OK Stu, time to come clean - you've got a time machine. Otherwise how do you find these spotless old cars?

JH
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - Badwolf
I've got a real soft spot for 80s Japanese cars. My ex-father-in-law (now sadly no longer with us) was a mechanic at a Toyota garage near Chorley and ran a 1984 Camry. Cosmetically it was a little rough but mechanically it was spot on.

Your new car looks like a proper good 'un Stu. Hope you enjoy it.
Ok, well this one I was a tad sneaky about. I saw it on ebay, very badly advertised, little info, poor pics etc. The ebayer wasnt a regular so it seemed like a genuine sale, however his listing didnt reach his reserve. I watched it till the end, then when he relisted it, I watched it for a few days an he dropped the reserve twice in two days - ie he is wanting rid, so I messaged him and said that id seen what had happened so far and could I come see the car.

I drove 70 miles with me mum, cash in me pocket and had a look at this car. It was clean for sure, deffo needed a service though but had a long ticket and only 3 owners from new, the current one had only had it a few months while waiting for a Ceed to arrive, he even showed me the page from when he won it on ebay and all the accompanying info that the previous owner who had owned it for 10 years had provided. He wanted his £450 back but I got it to £380 as while on the surface it was dirty and unserviced, I knew these cars were very mechanically durable and the cleanliness was my specialty, so I could see what was underneath which is what you see in the pics.
The clincher was that it drove pretty well aside from terrible wheel wobble at 30 upwards, but this was entirely down to knackered tyres and they are a quick fix. It ran so quiet and smooth and it felt 'right'.

Ebay is a fantastic resource if you wait a while and see what turns up. Experience ebayers are a pain because they know how to play the game, but newbies can be easily dealt with.
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - RattleandSmoke
Looks like a nice car for the money :) My dad could do with something like that.
 Ok folks, heres my new gem - Bellboy
cant remember the last time i saw one of those
and auto too
still dont like them mind ;-)
Latest Forum Posts