Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 7

What is a "Cat C"? - FotheringtonTomas
I assume bent in some crash. How badly?

Problems when bought?

What other "Cats" are there?
 What is a "Cat C"? - RattleandSmoke
CAT A= Means must be destroyed no parts can be used
CAT B = Must be destroyed but some parts can be used
CAT C- Very bad accident but can be put back on the road providing it passes the a special test. Can be repaired but insurance company decided its not worth it.
CAT D - Can be repaired easily but its not worth it, on a banger this could be a smashed window or head light.

Cat C's can be safety hazzards as the repairs are sometimes substandard but good enough to pass an MOT.
 What is a "Cat C"? - Bellboy
i really despair when i read posts like this
i really do
Which one?
 What is a "Cat C"? - Bellboy
not yours FT
Last edited by: Bellboy on Tue 11 May 10 at 23:15
I've looked it up. Some of these seem to need quite a lot of work - however, with decent facilities and low costs, could be made OK. I wonder how careful the "inspection" is - this would seem quite important! Any experience?
 What is a "Cat C"? - RattleandSmoke
I was refering to a 5th Gear article where they bought two identical Ford Focuses. They crash tested them both, one was a CAT C, the other wasn't. The CAT C was a lot worse in an accident. If you mess with crumple zones how can you expect the car to perform the same in an accident?
 What is a "Cat C"? - L'escargot
This looks as if it might be an authoritative source of the information you need. www.mycarcheck.com/help/accidentdamage/
Latest Forum Posts