Motoring Discussion > Manchester airport parking Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Tooslow Replies: 9

Manchester airport parking - Tooslow
Any tips for Manchester airport parking? I'm looking at £40 for the shuttle park. Long time since I've been in there.

Thanks,
JH
 Manchester airport parking - Netsur
Very strongly recommend www.elitevaletparking.co.uk

They meet you at the airport and deliver the car to you when you arrive home.

Have used them at least 15 times in the last 27 months and they have never let me down. Good value - far cheaper than parking at the airport and it is really nice having the car ready for you when you arrive home after a long flight. It really smooths out any stress.

In the January snow we arrived home via a coach from Birmingham Airport about six hours late and the car was ready, free of snow and warmed up just outside the terminal and not a ten minute walk in the cold to a deserted car park.
Thanks E. Good price and a recommendation is always worth having.

JH
 Manchester airport parking - borasport
I used the shuttle park last week, seems the best price for what we wanted. About 1 minutes wait for the bus on the way out, 5 mins or so on the way back.

We have used other car parks on the shuttle bus principle (and in the same area), but the costs seem to be about the same, the minibusses they use just seem old and ropy and the business seems to change name every year and we didn't want to be let down at 1 o'clock in the morning :-)
 Manchester airport parking - R.P.
Last time I went stayed at the Travel Lodge and got a rough old bus in as a shuttle - we had a lift in from my new FiL. Previous to this have stayed at the Hilton - it was something like 70 quid for a room and free parking for a week - seemed worthwhile.
 Manchester airport parking - Runfer D'Hills
A lifetime ago, in a land far less concerned with security, a bunch of young idiots ( myself included ) were due to converge on Manchester airport to join up for a diving holiday in the Greek islands. Some had driven down from Scotland, some from London and some from the North West.

Well, one party ( mine ) had it in their addled heads that the flight was at 22.00 hrs. It wasn't, it was in fact at 20.00 hrs. This small but fairly significant oversight was realised about Carlisle. Swift progress was made from that point shall we say.....

Arriving at the airport it was clear that there would be no time to park the car and still catch the flight despite the best efforts of the driver ( me ) to make up for lost time.

With hindsight, astonishingly naively, we decided just to abandon the car at the departures drop off point and worry about it when we got back.

Upon our return a fortnight later we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was now in a compound awaiting the payment of a fine which was marginally cheaper than the cost would have been of leaving it in the long term car park. Sort of inadvertant valet system in the end.

Wouldn't get that lucky now of course.
Last edited by: Humph D'bout on Wed 12 May 10 at 14:05
 Manchester airport parking - R.P.
As you say that might lead to some "issues" these days !
hilarious.

I think you'd come back to smoking wreckage these days after the bomb squad had checked it out.

JH
 Manchester airport parking - Brentus
Previously i have used a company called Autostrong. You leave your car with them and you get shuttled to the airport. Flew from Manc in Feb and our friends booked the parking. it was a company called purple parking. Same place as i used before they bought autostrong out. Our friends booked it with their tesco vouchers so it made it good value. Hope this helps.
 Manchester airport parking - legacylad
For the past few years we have used valet parking at Mter. Probably about 10 times in total.
Last month I returned from a French ski trip and was coached to Birmingham, then had to catch a train up to Manchester. When I rang the service to say I was just leaving Mter Victoria, they kindly drove my car round to the station for me. £30 for a week. Very fair value, although it had not been kept undercover and was covered in a film of ash!
SWMBO pays the same company £20 when she is away overnight on business and really appreciates the service. Far better than these shuttle buses to off site car parks, or expensive long stay NCP or equivalent.
Latest Forum Posts