Motoring Discussion > Funeral Flags Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 5

Funeral Flags - borasport
I've just driven past a church where a funeral was taking place and there were a dozen or more cars parked outside the church, each exhibiting a black flag - exactly the sort of mounting that was sporting a St George's cross a few weeks ago, but these were just uniform plain black squares.

Not something I've ever seen before - is it a Castleford thing, a Yorkshire thing or some sore of convoy marking so tail-end charlie doesn't get lost ?
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 12 May 10 at 16:53
 Funereal Flags - R.P.
I think there was some sort of Discussion on HJ a few years ago.

Edit: Tried to search but the engine was too slow.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Wed 12 May 10 at 13:08
 Funereal Flags - L'escargot
They're to let other road users know which vehicles are part of the (possibly slow-moving) funeral cortege.
 Funereal Flags - Ted

We're the funeral capital of Manchester here. I've never seen that.
When a druggie or a shooting victim is interred, a lot of black Honda Civics appear and block the road junctions to other traffic......You have to show respect !
I've noticed some places put black cones out.

The engines of the Black Line never cool down round here !
2 chapels, 5 retorts....no waiting....bing-bong !
Not for me though, Altrincham's much prettier.

Ted
 Funeral Flags - TheManWithNoName
.*********

At least you'd have a sporting chance if you could look for a car with a black flag on it.

Mind you I suppose we could have ended up following some other cortege going to or coming from a service. Either way we'd end up with tea and stale sandwiches afterwards and who knows, maybe even make some new friends!
 Funeral Flags - Runfer D'Hills
If I was an enterprising tramp, I'd hang around at a crematorium most days as tidily turned out as I could manage. I'd wait for a large attendance funeral and blag a lift back to the wake..........
Latest Forum Posts