Motoring Discussion > French Autoroute - Intermediate Vehicle Miscellaneous
Thread Author: a900ss Replies: 3

French Autoroute - Intermediate Vehicle - a900ss
I’m going to France next week and due to the fact I will have a top box and a bicycle on my roof (over 2m), I’ll be classified as an ‘intermediate vehicle’ according to the French Autoroute website.

Will this make any difference on speeds or toll charges as I can’t see anything on the website?

Thanks

French Autoroute - Intermediate Vehicle - NeilS
No difference on either but some roof box manufacturers recommend no more than 70 mph but what do they know?! You won't fit under the liber-t auto toll barriers if you have the device and you'll be obvious to the French police who if the mood takes them may decide to check you out so make sure you're good with all the paperwork, beam deflectors correctly placed, spare bulbs, hi-vis jacket/s and other stuff - check out the AA site for full list and advice.
 French Autoroute - Intermediate Vehicle - Bromptonaut
Berlingo + roofbox is about 2.25m. Far too high to use the unmanned CB auto tolls but seem to be charged as Classe 1 at the atended booths in spite of signs suggesting otherwise.

Not a problem at this time of year but in August queue for the manned booths can be 15+ minutes.
 French Autoroute - Intermediate Vehicle - a900ss
Thanks all.
Latest Forum Posts