Motoring Discussion > Oi! You can't park it there! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 36

Oi! You can't park it there! - SteelSpark
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-21916129
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Robin O'Reliant
"Keith Shales, 66, who lives in nearby Cotmer Road, said: "When I got there and saw the car through the hole in the hedge I thought that looks serious".

No kidding.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Ian (Cape Town)
"Collision investigators will be at the scene today as we try to ascertain exactly what has occurred.

"At this early stage we could not speculate as to what has caused the crash."

Well, call me stupid, but I could put my finger on this quite quickly...

"The driver, believed to be in his twenties..." Fast car, a bit too much bravado, and some icy roads.
The laws of fizzics dictate that he must have had his foot heavy on the loud pedal.

What do I win?

Oi! You can't park it there! - crocks
Similar to the accident in Epsom six months ago which we discussed here.
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=11920

Only that time they used the Audi TT as the ramp not the missile.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Dog
The TiT didn't do the other 2 cars a lot of good either by the looks of it.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - BiggerBadderDave
"The TiT didn't do the other 2 cars a lot of good either by the looks of it."

Then they ought to put the damned cars in the garage.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Meldrew
A Testosterone T*sser!
 Oi! You can't park it there! - crocks
Video of aftermath on Youtube.
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jg3QHJGREm0

Location here goo.gl/maps/jufH7 is remarkably similar to that of the Epsom crash mentioned above. goo.gl/maps/Y6ocU Bend at end of long straight.

Another thing to consider when buying a new house!
Last edited by: Crocks on Sun 24 Mar 13 at 13:32
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Robin O'Reliant
>> Another thing to consider when buying a new house!
>>

Quite true, Crocks.

I've known of several properties in the past which were prone to having vehicles of various types coming through the garden wall.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Bromptonaut

>> I've known of several properties in the past which were prone to having vehicles of
>> various types coming through the garden wall.

Yep, there's one in the village here that's had a car in front room twice in 15yrs (and a few more in the garden)
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Armel Coussine
>> one in the village here that's had a car in front room twice in 15yrs (and a few more in the garden)

Ah! You live in an area full of maniac idiot drivers!

No wonder you are a tad paranoid about motor vehicles Bromptonaut... I would be too.

:o}
 Oi! You can't park it there! - R.P.
Better than the village of mimsing craphounds that can't reverse for toffee !
Where's that then? You haven't been spying on me have you Rob?
Anglesey of course.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Runfer D'Hills
Our old house was on a corner and had an unusual feature in that the garden was some 7 or 8 feet lower than the road with a wee burn and a pond. The building had originally been a working mill so I guess it was sited to get the best of the water flow from the adjoining river. It was a very rural country road with not much traffic but it was a 60mph zone. We used to get vehicles in our garden fairly often. They'd fail to take the bend and come launching through our fence and down the embankment into our garden, usually coming to rest in the pond.

We had some quite good ones sometimes. Once it was a vintage Bentley. Nice chap. Very apologetic.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - legacylad
Humph
Sincerely hope you can now afford inside facilities. Nowt worse than having to get up in t'middle of the night and relieve oneself outdoors in one's stream.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Londoner
(From the duplicate thread that I mistakenly started)

I wonder how fast he was going?

He went through a hedge, hit a BMW and another Audi, each of which must have reduced his momentum, but still wound up about four feet off the ground.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Meldrew
I am guessing that was airborne, for some reason, and bounced off the roofs of the other cars rather than hitting them side-on.
"I am guessing that was airborne"

Bernoulli's principle. The profile of an Audi TT is similar to the profile of plane's wing.

V1, rotate, hit house.
>> Bernoulli's principle. The profile of an Audi TT is similar to the profile of plane's
>> wing.
>>
Interesting. Now would you like to comment on the profile of an Audi TT driver? :-)
I bet he's spitting bricks.
There's something not quite right in the first place about a chap in small coupe. Fine for girls maybe. Perhaps he was an estate agent. That would explain it.
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Bromptonaut
>> There's something not quite right in the first place about a chap in small coupe.
>> Fine for girls maybe. Perhaps he was an estate agent. That would explain it.

Hairdresser's cars!
Yes, that might be it, although I rather felt they had moved on to unfeasably large pick-up trucks with a sort of cabin bolted on to the boot and called "Warriors" or " Hi-Dux" or something?
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Alastairw
One of the senior chaps at work has just changed his diesel TT for a new TTS. Its very nice, but he always looks 'wrong' getting out of it. It seems to suit younger, female drivers better, IMO
Both TT owners whom I know are ladies, of, shall I say, a 'certain age'.
One, a deep metallic blue '05 3.2, the other a silver '02 2.0T.
Both hard tops.
And before you lot say anything, I mean the cars...
A few years ago I had a lift to a daytime commitment in a TT driven by a, how can I say ? an older lady - she drove like a fart - crunchy gear-change - threepenny biting around corners - I felt really sorry for that car - really sorry.
Ditto.
My one drive in one of the aforementioned showed an extreme example of lack of mechanical sympathy.
Cars flying through the air... There's a photo of one on a roof after going over the top of the banking at Brooklands (I think), but Idon't know how to find it or post the link.

A spectacular example is the delectable tuned black Dodge Charger driven by the two Mafia killers in 'Bullittt'... flies through the air at very high speed into a US National Grid transformer. About the only convincing crash-fireball ever to come out of Hollywood, that cradle of the gratuitous fireball ... Why these damn fireballs? Who's ever witnessed one?
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 26 Mar 13 at 00:37
Déjà vu.
>> Déjà vu.

Yes, one does bang on about the same things again and again. Sorry to be so boring Perro.
>>Sorry to be so boring Perro.<<

Far from it Sire, you often make I larf, only yesterday I LOL at your use of the word snout in reference to a gasper.

:}
 Oi! You can't park it there! - TeeCee
>> after going over the top of the banking at Brooklands

After Parry-Thomas put a wheel over the top, he suggested that they paint a dashed line a few feet from the edge, so that the drivers knew they were getting close.
You can still see it.
>> an older lady - she drove like a fart - crunchy gear-change -
>> threepenny biting around corners - I felt really sorry for that car - really sorry.
>>
So you weren't impressed by her threepenny bits, then, RP?
The driver finally left hospital today. "Lewis Richardson, 21, was left fighting for life after the crash eight weeks ago in Suffolk"

More pics here:
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lowestoft-embedded-car-audi-tt-1910433
 Oi! You can't park it there! - Fullchat
So that another one to justify extortionate premiums for the younger end of the market.
Truly shocking and very distressing images.

I feel very sorry for that poor guy - being woken by a retarded cabbage flinging himself at the wall.
Latest Forum Posts