Motoring Discussion > Ford - New Mondeo Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Boxsterboy Replies: 6

Ford - New Mondeo - Boxsterboy
Thought Humpf and a few others on here might be interested. I saw a new Mondeo 5 on the M25 this afternoon. Actually it was badged a Ford Fusion (the US name) but it was an Essex registration, and had odd markings on it typical of a test car.

I was actually very underwhelmed by it. Even to me, a car-spotter of the highest order, it looked extremely similar to the current model. Still I guess there are handsome savings to be made with a global platform (as the car manufacturers like to call it).
 Ford - New Mondeo - Londoner
It looks good in photos. Obviously, it loses a lot in the original!
 Ford - New Mondeo - Runfer D'Hills
I look forward to seeing one.
 Ford - New Mondeo - Videodoctor
I saw quite a few while i was in the States last month.They look very handsome from all angles and the interior looks very classy.I think the engines over the pond are 2.5 litre V6's which coupled to an auto box gave 22 to the gallon round town and 33 on a run(US gallons).So a diesel in this country will be a must.I don't know if i would change my current MK4 for one though as they are going to be made in the US instead of Germany where the current model is made.American build quality fills me with dread!.
 Ford - New Mondeo - Londoner
>> they are going to be made in the US instead of Germany where the
>> current model is made.American build quality fills me with dread!.
>>
I thought that they were currently made in Belgium?
 Ford - New Mondeo - Clk Sec
>> I thought that they were currently made in Belgium?
>>

As far as I know they are, but I think their Genk factory is closing next year.
 Ford - New Mondeo - rtj70
They are closing Genk and therefore the introduction of the new Mondeo in Europe has been pushed back (possibly late 2014). We should have got it soon if they were not closing Genk. So we get a facelifted current Mondeo for now.
Latest Forum Posts