Motoring Discussion > I wouldn't fancy driving it! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 15

I wouldn't fancy driving it! - bathtub tom
tinyurl.com/cxqwz4j
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - crocks
I'd love a go. The engineering detail looks amazing and it's four wheel drive.
What could possibly go wrong!
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - No FM2R
I'd sell my soul for the opportunity to drive it.
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - ....
Can you imagine sitting in a Milan traffic jam in August with that engine and gearbox sharing the compartment with you ?

Fantastic piece of engineering triumphing over practicality though and I would love a go in one. I remember seeing an old FIAT 126 with a Rover V8 lump hanging out the back, this is something else...
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - Fullchat
Some dedicated engineering and tin bashing there!

More modern version of the Metro 6R4 I suppose.
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - Ted

Bought a Chinkythingio today.......not sure if it's a V12, it might be...it says ' sporting ' on the back. Has 1.1 on the back as well, must be ruddy small cylinders!

Only ' go faster ' bit I've found is some orange trim amongst the otherwise black paintwork. Still, years ticket, 50K in 12 years and 4 new rubbers.

It'll do for a while.

Ted
Ted fills in a Sunday morning:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCT_GjKcZ18

Or a FIAT 126 vs a 911 Turbo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQbMaVsgpSM
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 27 Apr 13 at 22:13
Or just a blow the cobwebs away Sunday run:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gb0cNY3q9I&feature=endscreen&NR=1
>>Bought a Chinkythingio today

I was looking at a few ads for them and Seicentos the other day. There's quite a few around the £400 mark. May be a suitable replacement for the Kia.

Do you mind telling us what you paid Ted?
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - Ted

Actually, Tubby...it was a Seicento.......my mistake. Gave £375 after a £50 hagglement.
2001, X reg. No belt history, so that's for later. I had a chat with my spanner man and my MOT man last week and neither seemed unduly concerned about the baby Fiats.

It goes back to my 'ickle car ' thread. Now to mint the mind off the Astra, which now has a 13 month ticket, and flog it. Should get the Fiat money back.

Good film of me at Santa Pod...I showed that Lambo no murcie !

I'll get me coat.

Ted
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - Armel Coussine
Ted, a good friend had a Seicento I think, small Fiat a decade or two back anyway, front engined, and its cambelt did go without warning writing it off.

Just for what it's worth... cambelts don't last for ever. But of course you know that.
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - Armel Coussine
Isn't the Fiat FIRE engine a non-interference design able to survive a busted cambelt? That's the one to have obviously.
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - crocks
Our resident expert on that 1.1 engine is probably flat out on the floor of some Manchester nightclub at the moment. When he gets home and sobers up I'm sure he will tell you all about it.

Or you could pop round and swap the engines over while he's not looking. I'm sure it will thank you for a good old Italian tune-up. ;-)
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - AnotherJohnH
>>Isn't the Fiat FIRE engine a non-interference design able to survive a busted cambelt?
>> That's the one to have obviously.

Yes it is, and it is most likely to survive a belt failure (but never say never).

Most likely cause for concern is the head gasket: things to watch out for include the colour and level of coolant, heater not working, gurgling noises.

Not a huge job, provided the head isn't damaged.
I've done 3 over the years on the 999cc version (original Panda).
I did a head job on a 750 Panda.

Had to borrow a mate's m/cycle valve spring compressor. Mine was too big to get in there!
 I wouldn't fancy driving it! - Harleyman
>> >>Bought a Chinkythingio today
>>
>> I was looking at a few ads for them and Seicentos the other day. There's
>> quite a few around the £400 mark. May be a suitable replacement for the Kia.
>>

Avoid, Tom. Dad-in-law had a Seicento, 'orrible little thing. Engine cross-member collapsed without warning and it was forever breaking down. Haven't stood the test of time nearly as well as the Punto.
Latest Forum Posts