Motoring Discussion > Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect
Thread Author: geoff1248 Replies: 8

Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - geoff1248
I am thinking of changing car to a Note. Had one when they first came out and was very satisfied. I have been pricing up the current model and noticed that a totally new model is about to hit the streets. When this happens what effect should this have on the outgoing models prices both new and second hand?
 Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - RattleandSmoke
Make sure you get a decent discount on the old model. In the short term values of the newer used ones will probably fall a bit but I can't really see it making much difference to the values of the older ones. If it is soon to be replaced, you should be able to get a healthy discount which will more than cover the fact it has lost some value.

Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - Meldrew
Both will go down.
 Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - Skip
If you are not bothered about having the latest model and can get a nice big discount on the currnet Note then go for it. I like buying "run out" models as they will have had any problems ironed out and are usually specced up to keep sales healthy. The healthy discount will help to take the sting out of the depreciation of the new model being launched.
Last edited by: Skip on Sun 28 Apr 13 at 13:29
 Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - WillDeBeest
If you're buying a new car and concerned about cost of ownership then you'll be planning to keep it a respectably long time - at least five years. If you do that then the gap in values between old and new models from 2013 will have narrowed to a few hundred pounds at most, whereas I'd back you to save a couple of thousand on the new price by buying the outgoing model.

If you're a PCP slave (sorry, Avant!) who's condemned to a change every three years, the picture may be rather different.
 Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - Stevek100
Quite timely post. Went to localish dealer two weeks ago to buy a secondhand Juke. Whilst there noticed they has pre reg 1.4 netc plus models for just under £11k so we ended up buying one of these which is around 2500 off list.
Very pleased with it so far.
We keep our cars for around 6 years and normally trade them in when the value drops below £1000.
 Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - Londoner
>> Quite timely post. Went to localish dealer two weeks ago to buy a secondhand Juke.
>> Whilst there noticed they has pre reg 1.4 netc plus models for just under £11k
>> so we ended up buying one of these which is around 2500 off list.
>> Very pleased with it so far.
>> We keep our cars for around 6 years and normally trade them in when the
>> value drops below £1000.
>>
Smart thinking all round! You are rewarded for having a clear strategy for handling depreciation, and the flexibility to go for the best deal rather than get fixated on a particular car.
 Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - Bill Payer
>> We keep our cars for around 6 years and normally trade them in when the
>> value drops below £1000.
>>
Am I reading that right - when the Juke is 6yrs old you only expect it to be worth aound £1K?
 Nissan Note - New Nissan Note Price effect - Stevek100

>> >>
>> Am I reading that right - when the Juke is 6yrs old you only expect
>> it to be worth aound £1K?
>>
Not really. My wife's previous 3 cars fitted this description but the note maybe will be worth more than £1k at 6 years old. Probably still change it then though may circulate it in the family instead of trading in.
Latest Forum Posts