Motoring Discussion > Garmin Nuvi 2445 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 3

Garmin Nuvi 2445 - CGNorwich
Last year I bough a new Nuvi 2445 with UK and European maps. I want to buy some Canadian maps for a forthcoming trip. Cost a fairly pricy $59 for the maps either as a download or a micro SD card.

However there is a not on the website to check that the maps are compatible with your device.

I check and the 2445 is not on the list although dozens of other Nuvi variants are. Seems really odd to me that I can't buy additional maps for a farily new machine. Do you reckon that this is correct or have they just omitted the 2445 from the list in error?

Garmin Nuvi 2445 - Zero
it can only be a memory capacity issue if there is one. How much memory does the 2445 have compared to the others? I would guess (and its only a guess) that it will work on an SD card, but not as a download.
 Garmin Nuvi 2445 - CGNorwich
Spot on. What I hadn't notices was that there are two links to check compatibility, one for downloads and one for SD cards. Shown as compatible on the SD card list.

The memory is currently nearly all taken up with the current mapping.

Thanks. I'll order the maps.
 Garmin Nuvi 2445 - borasport
From my experience, your lucky to find anything on the Garmin web site when you actually need it !
Latest Forum Posts