Motoring Discussion > Pleasant surprise Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 7

Pleasant surprise - Westpig
Most of you will know that I drive a van part time nowadays.

When you collect/deliver there's often absolutely nowhere to park lawfully, so you have to make do.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I went to one of the two shops I collect my deliveries from, abandoned the van on the pavement 4 shops down with the hazards on...

...and having loaded the van, whilst in the shop checking the delivery sheet and looking up one of the remote addresses on Google maps

...noticed the shop door open and the young lad (who looks about 12) who is the local parking warden, popped his head in and said "parking warden alert".

So fair enough, I scarpered.

Why can't they all be like that?
 Pleasant surprise - Armel Coussine
Weren't you tempted just a bit to run the boy in for obstructing the course of justice, Wp? Perhaps not, now that you're a toerag like the rest of us. Fun isn't it?

:o}
 Pleasant surprise - Old Navy
He probably was not on commission, sorry, didn't have targets. Was he council employed as opposed to a private contractor?

He achieved is aim, he got you shifted pronto, no hassle for anyone, there could not have been profit involved.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 10 May 13 at 17:59
 Pleasant surprise - Crankcase
My last run in with a parking person was also a pleasant surprise. Stopped in a local car park I don't normally use, and was fiddling finding some change before I got out of the car. Along comes the parking warden, who taps on the window.

So I said I was looking for change, and did she know how much it was? She told me, and I was 20p short. So she gave me the money.

Mind you, at 60p for 20 minutes it's not one I want to use that often.

Pleasant surprise - Ted

I was in Greggs, selecting my gourmet lunch. Parked legally on the dubble yellers with a couple of Transits that weren't.

Warden poked his head in the shop and shouted that he'd be back in 5 minutes.

Nice, I thought.

Ted
I'm having a good week.

The van broke down today, in someone's steep driveway, facing downhill, people were out and it was a remote seaside village with no mobile phone reception for at least 2 miles over a hill.

Very pleasant yummy mummy several houses away let me use her landline to phone for assistance...and once that was set in motion... a very pleasant Brummy family in the holiday cottage next door, made me a cup of tea.

The sun was shining, the bird's were singing, it could have been a lot worse.

Loose connection to the battery was the problem, soon sorted.

Then on my last delivery to a remote seaside village, I did something I haven't done for at least 15-20 years...

...picked up a hitch hiker. One good turn deserves another.

Young lad, just about to leave school and go to college, lives there and reckons he gets about everywhere like it..and never has to wait long.

It's a nice part of the world.
 Pleasant surprise - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> Young lad, just about to leave school and go to college, lives there and reckons
>> he gets about everywhere like it..and never has to wait long.
>>
>>
>>
Blimey, hope you can afford the compensation...;-)
>> Blimey, hope you can afford the compensation...;-)
>>

Won't need to worry about it for another 30 years.
Latest Forum Posts