Motoring Discussion > I need a boost Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Mike Hannon Replies: 10

I need a boost - Mike Hannon
I'm not sure if this is exactly motoring, or technical or what, so perhaps the mods could move it if necessary.
I have one of those booster/jump starter boxes, which is getting a bit old now. I fished it out the other day and found the little charger that charges it in turn has died. I found a 12v 350mA power supply but that failed to charge it.
The question is, is it possible to buy a little plug-in charger like the one that has died? Would someone like Maplin do that sort of thing? I can't find it. I don't mind dealing via the UK.
Or, alternatively, would it be safe to lash up a connection from my fully-automatic 8 amp Halfords charger and bring it back to life that way? Its internal battery isn't very big.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Sat 1 Jun 13 at 15:57
 I need a boost - R.P.
I'm very reluctant to say E-Bay - What are the ratings of the original charger ?
 I need a boost - Old Navy
I use my car charger on mine, I attach it to the battery clamps.
 I need a boost - Ted

Something like this Mike ? I have one similar which is switchable from 12 to 6 volts. I need 6 for the Velocette.

I'll find out the make tomorrow, I've just locked up the garage after making a start on a long neglected clean-up.

Knacked of Manchester

Ted
 I need a boost - jc2
I'm with O.N.
 I need a boost - jc2
Are you also "intertype7" on another forum?
 I need a boost - Dave
The battery inside is probably dead now anyway, so even if you got a charger it may not do any good.
Who's asking?
Qui demande et porquoi?
Why didn't I think of trying that?
Why didn't I think of trying that - using the existing clamps?
 I need a boost - jc2
Saw a very similar query on another forum.
Latest Forum Posts