Motoring Discussion > That MOT feeling. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: midlifecrisis Replies: 5

That MOT feeling. - midlifecrisis
'Er indoors little Getz has just passed it's MOT. There's always that uncertain feeling while you wait. I take it to a little Indy and always get great service. MOT and service for £80. Had a look and all the hinges greased (only went in for a minor service, but they always do the full works). When I got home I checked the paperwork and found it had initially failed...a bulb wasn't working! (That'll teach me to check more than the tyres). They replaced it and never even mentioned the fault. Always makes me feel the work has been done properly with that kind of service.

We were going to replace the Getz last year with a Focus before Gormless Gordons financial skills took hold. I'm glad we didn't now as the Getz has always sailed through it's 3 MOTs and has never needed anything but servicing and a few tyres. However, she's making noises again about needing a bigger car to carry the kids. I haven't got the heart (or bravery) to tell her the money has gone on the Audi!

That MOT feeling. - Runfer D'Hills
You could always give the Audi to your wife and use the Getz yourself. I'm sure no one would take the mickey at work.......
 That MOT feeling. - midlifecrisis
The Getz actually isn't to bad. But you know you're on a loser when your son insists on going in the Audi to football practice. Apparently, the Getz isn't too cool!
 That MOT feeling. - Zero
My sons 1993 Cavalier 1.6 just sailed through its MOT with no preperation. Its a lot cooler than the Getz, your wife can have it for 600 quid.
 That MOT feeling. - Bellboy
>> My sons 1993 Cavalier 1.6 just sailed through its MOT
>
>>>>>>> faulty brakes?
 That MOT feeling. - Hugo
The almera never gave us much of a headache with its MOT.

Until the last one!

ABS brakes can scrap a 10 year old car quite easily!

In the end it took a 2nd hand hub with the working ABS sensor in it to pass for a reasonable fee. We saved more by having the tyres from the same car 2 nearly new and one new at £10 each.

Otherwise we were looking at £550 to get an £800 car through the MOT - I would have sold it for spares or repair and got £400 on it.
Latest Forum Posts