Motoring Discussion > 63 Reg Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 15

63 Reg - BobbyG
Saw not only my first, but my second and third 63 plates today - used to be a big issue on reg day but it was the 6th of the month before I saw any!
 63 Reg - Alanovich
Oddly, I saw some 63 plates on a transporter in late August. Still Haven't seen one on the road though.
 63 Reg - Robin O'Reliant
Not seen one yet.

It just isn't the same since the "New letter" days disappeared, every schoolboy in the land knew what it meant. Now even many motorists couldn't tell you what year a car was by looking at the plate.
 63 Reg - nice but dim
My nan lives near 2 car dealerships, and I used to sit out all day on her wall as a kid counting and looking for new registrations. I remember looking for J plate cars, that around when it started doing it.
 63 Reg - Fenlander
One in our cul-de-sac now... 63 plate diesel C5 in black... good choice.
 63 Reg - borasport
Saw a lorryload of 63'reg Chevrolets yesteday morning when I was about 1/2 a mile from work, all bearing Enterprise car rental stickers.

I combined Sherlockian driving technique with the fact that there is an Enterprise office and a VX/Chevrolet dealer between us and my destination to deduce it may well stop at one of the other, and lo and behold, he did
 63 Reg - bathtub tom
Temporarily replaced the 'yellow car' game in our household.

We're all waiting to find the first yellow '63.
 63 Reg - Robin O'Reliant
>> Temporarily replaced the 'yellow car' game in our household.
>>
>> We're all waiting to find the first yellow '63.
>>

It's more fun to see how long it takes to find the first one with accident damage.

On the day the 'R' reg came out I was in a line of cars in Brentwood threading past an MPV with a brand new plate and most of it's front end missing. At least 90% of the faces I could see were either grinning or laughing.
 63 Reg - Ted

I've already driven a couple........didn't seem much difference to the 13 platers we've got.

Do I win a goldfish ?

Ted
 63 Reg - Dave_
>> I've already driven a couple... Do I win a goldfish ?

+1.
 63 Reg - Slidingpillar
It's more fun to see how long it takes to find the first one with accident damage.

My mate and I used to play that game as new and impecunious motorists. The other game was when you thought your car was making a funny noise and you could not work out what it was, was to re-assure yourself by standing at the roadside and listening to the traffic. It would not take long to hear a passing car making a far worse noise, at which point you could go back inside.
 63 Reg - swiss tony
>> It's more fun to see how long it takes to find the first one with
>> accident damage.

Seen that... Tuesday I think it was...
 63 Reg - L'escargot
There are so many personalised number plates these days that the percentage of new cars bearing the latest age related plates is reduced. I look for cars which have plates which don't appear to match the age of the car.
 63 Reg - rtj70
Saw my first two on the road yesterday.

I saw a load of cars with the 63 plate on when I popped into local SEAT/Skoda garages for some car brochures.
 63 Reg - borasport
not coming down market to join us ?
 63 Reg - WillDeBeest
I expect they were for the budgie cage.
Latest Forum Posts